diy solar

diy solar

Overkillsolar BMS - App does not work with Android

Phantek

I am probably just terrible with searching, but I didn't find this posted anywhere.

Beware that the xiaoxiang Android app, available on the Overkillsolar website, does not work on their BMS's with the latest firmware (version 2.1).

Overkillsolar's support said that some people are successfully using the version available on the Google Play Store, currently version 3.2.005. It connects, but I cannot figure out how to set controls like max and min temp and voltage, etc.

The alternatives to the Android app are either to buy an iPhone and use that, or pay OS extra for their PC-compatible USB module.

Last edited:
Android app works for me. The play store app does not allow perameter change.
The search function gets numerous results
Needs location on and English language on phone.
Mike

Last edited:
Android app works for me. The play store app does not allow perameter change.
The search function gets numerous results
Needs location on and English language on phone.
Mike
Do you know that your BMS has firmware version 2.1? Because Overkillsolar informed me that the Android app worked with version 2.0, but not 2.1.

I downloaded the app from overkill and I have to turn the location feature on my phone. I cannot rename all 6 of my bms like I want. Like BMS 1, 2, 3 etc
It will name 1 and nothing on the rest of em.

I am probably just terrible with searching, but I didn't find this posted anywhere.

Beware that the xiaoxiang Android app, available on the Overkillsolar website, does not work on their BMS's with the latest firmware (version 2.1).

Overkillsolar's support said that some people are successfully using the version available on the Google Play Store, currently version 3.2.005. It connects, but I cannot figure out how to set controls like max and min temp and voltage, etc.

The alternatives to the Android app are either to buy an iPhone and use that, or pay OS extra for their PC-compatible USB module.
Overkill Solar has a brand new bms app for Android. You can link to it from their website or find it on Google play store under Overkill Solar bms.

Thank you so much! I just downloaded it and it works!
So glad it worked for you! Now if it only works for me. I locked myself out the door old app and bms with an attempted password change. Fingers crossed.

Ja die funktioniert, zerstört aber den Passwortschutz bei den älteren BMS für immer,
beim aktuellen 200A BMS kann man ihn mit einer JBD App wieder herstellen, bis zum nächsten Einsatz mit der Overkill.

Back