diy solar

diy solar

Parallel three-phase Growatt SPF 5000 ES setup without a battery?

zephyrous

(I'm thinking over various uses of Growatt 5000 ES. For a start, I'd try a single one with a maximal solar array and additional power drawn from utility grid, i.e., SUB mode. Without a battery. I see that, for a nominal 1kW solar panel, I can get at maximum 0.7kWh in the most sunny hours in my area, so if 6kW solar panels is the maximum allowed for this inverter, this would give me below 4.2kW, but usually even less, so additional power drawn from the grid would be needed for 5kW load.

But some aspects of the other setups--possible extensions in future--are not quite clear to me after reading the manual.)

Can 3 parallel inverters in the three phase mode be run without a battery?

Also: Do they need to be connected to 3 phases of the external grid? So, if I have just one phase from the grid now, I won't be able to draw additional power from it for a three-phase system, right?

Can 3 parallel inverters in the three phase mode be run without a battery?
No
In parallel, battery must be used.
Also: Do they need to be connected to 3 phases of the external grid? So, if I have just one phase from the grid now, I won't be able to draw additional power from it for a three-phase system, right?
When using in 3-phase configuration. And connecting grid to the input. Input must be also 3-phase.

Back