diy solar

diy solar

Plastic holders for Fortune Cells are not all the same.

FilterGuy

Solar Engineering Consultant - EG4 and Consumers
When @Will Prowse first reviewed the Fortune Cells he showed how long pieces of all-thread could be used to hold them together.
I found the fortune cells at Jiangsu Frey Battery but they do not have the holes.

EDIT: Added link to Fortune cells at Jiangsu Frey Battery:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...fepo4-Cell-Laminated-Battery_62201486914.html

1587418064709.pngVS1587418158145.png
Will lists two vendors on his web site for these cells. One vendor has the caps with the holes one vendor has the caps without the wholes.

I contacted Frey about this:

ME

Do you have the version of the plastic guard that have the holes for bolting them together? (See attached picture of Plastic Guard with the Holes)
Maggie Zhou of Jiangsu Frey Battery
This plastic guard is designed by our another American customer,and only could sell to him.

So.... if you need the 'bolt-together' frames, make sure the vendor has them.

Last edited:
Good catch!

I have the fortune cells but I built a case for them and am not using the threaded rod (which does not come with the cells unless you are @Will Prowse ?).

It would be a real let down for someone expecting that feature for sure.

Good catch!

I have the fortune cells but I built a case for them and am not using the threaded rod (which does not come with the cells unless you are @Will Prowse ?).

It would be a real let down for someone expecting that feature for sure.
I had to buy my own rods actually because the ones they came with (when I first started filming that video) had the wrong thread pitch. So I went to hardware store and found the right ones.

Now I just use my own threaded rods, deburring tool and some washers and nuts. It works well.

Or build a case like you did. Do you have a picture? That's cool

See here:

It’s a rolling case that I take outdoors to charge.

I think I can power my home office for a week (NUC computer, 2 monitors, router, cable modem, laser printer/copier) and roll it outside on the weekend to recharge.

Oops.

Starts on page one here:

I had to buy my own rods actually because the ones they came with (when I first started filming that video) had the wrong thread pitch. So I went to hardware store and found the right ones.

Now I just use my own threaded rods, deburring tool and some washers and nuts. It works well.

Or build a case like you did. Do you have a picture? That's cool
OverKill Solar makes a nice stainless rack.

Electric Car Parts Company dot Com seems to hold the patient rights to the caps with holes. They no longer sell the rods at this time.

Back