diy solar

diy solar

PLEASE HELP - EG4-LL (V1 with updated Victron Firmware) generating Cell Over Voltage at 100% SOC

The original paper user manuals that were sent with equipment were garbage. They omitted details about correct dip switch settings, correct voltage charging, they had no clue that dip setting zero wouldn't work with BMS Test software, they failed to explain the need to top balance with a lower voltage and that the EG4 default charge settings would just pop the OV cell setting in the BMS before even reaching 54v...BTW the BMS typically wouldn't start balancing until the pack reached 54v. Don't get me started on the flicker issue with their inverters.
Well sounds like you have it worked out I was just trying to understand it all. Not judging anyone. I have had great experiences with Trophy so far. I was really surprised when these last 4 arrived a week ago and they were so well balanced on arrival. Whoever is picking and matching cells is doing a spot on job. And the icing on the cake was they were delivered to my doorstep in 4 days.

I need to say thanks to Will as it was his Trophy review that I based my decision on back in September. And Dan at Trophy has been great. Always answers the phone and is a wealth of knowledge. I hope he is selling the crap out of his batteries because I want him to stay in business.

If I had waited a few months I probably would’ve sprung for his new 304 batteries. I stuck with the 220’s on this last order so I maintained matched sets.

Attachments

• 71B540D5-EE92-4084-AFAC-9B58FB52A43E.jpeg
    71B540D5-EE92-4084-AFAC-9B58FB52A43E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I am having a different issue. I know you aren't judging @jfpetesn . In my case I jumped with out looking based on some youtube videos.

Mistake I know now but in the meantime I have to deal with the 4 x EG4-LL I bought. 3 at the same time, and a 4th about 3 months later. It's this 4th battery pack I am having an issue with.

My issue does not be the same as the OP's. I can push all 4 batteries to 56 - 57v with all individual cells above 3.5. Individual cells do not go above 3.6v.

I have one cell in this 3rd pack that misbehaves and won't go above 3.46v.

I have had the issue for a year but didn't investigate and get the information above until today. When I contacted SS in the beginning I got the usual cycle them hard response. No improvements.

Being stubborn, I want to get this solved.

Should I follow the same advice as told to others.

Until jacking up my absob & flow voltage today, I have had abosob set to 56.5 per one of the original manuals, and float at 55v.

Anyone with recommendation? Thanks in advance

Until I do some more reading I am going to reduce my absorb & float back to 56.5 & 55 respectively.

Buyer be ware as always.

Back