diy solar

diy solar

Polish up your crystal ball

My off-grid system is nearly 12 years old and if i was installing one today i would use identical components. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s still the case in another 12 years.
Most items from 12 years ago have changed or been supplanted with new models. Time marches on. Likely you would use the best technology of today. From more efficient solar panels to all the other items in you newly installed setup.

My off-grid system is nearly 12 years old and if i was installing one today i would use identical components…
Curious what components those are Toms.
Most items from 12 years ago have changed or been supplanted with new models. Time marches on. Likely you would use the best technology of today. From more efficient solar panels to all the other items in you newly installed setup.
So in other words, you can’t.

My off-grid system is nearly 12 years old and if i was installing one today i would use identical components. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s still the case in another 12 years.
What's your system?

Curious what components those are Toms.
SMA Sunny Island / Sunnyboy AC coupled. LiFeTech LiFePO4 cells. REC BMS.
Various second hand (free) PV.

The current spec components haven’t had any significant upgrades in that time.

Tell me what are the superior components I should be using to get a cheaper per kwh off grid system twelve years down the track?

For batteries, IMHO, it will be UL listed stuff only. Too much fire risk. You can install yourself, but you won't be able to build your own pack.

Back