diy solar

diy solar

Portable Victron Power Station operational

I followed the link above aka clicked the picture and this is what I got even picking a color for it.

ccprice.jpg

Price shows up in the cart. The problem is the item has options and prices are not being shown on that page. The page before that one shows a price range of $22.50 to $39.99.

Follow that link to the page I pasted which is the page the poster above linked to shows no prices at all. After choosing add to cart you can see the price in the cart. The pull down to select the item option needs to show the prices or have a price on the page that changes as the options are picked is the normal way for it to work.

Sorry to put a Damper on the party... NOT all busbars are created equal and what CC is selling as a pair - well you have to decide... Compare busbars side X side and the thicknesses, even the plastic (composite) used are quite different.

1700835161294.png
<--- Infamous CRAPOLLA's all over EBay & Amazon to be avoided at all cost...

Watch this video by David and be enlightened.
Sometimes we have GOOD REASON to make recomendations.

These are what I have run for the past 5 years on some of my stuff.

Blue Sea Systems 2126 250 Amp MaxiBus BusBar with 6 studs

• 250A MaxiBus BusBar with 6 studs (part number 2126)
  • Max voltage: 300V AC/ 48V DC, Continuous Rating: 250A AC/DC
  • Terminal Studs: 6 x 5/16"-18
  • UL 94-V0 rated base material resists high heat, tin plated pure electrical copper for maximum conductivity and corrision resistance
71bk7d+++RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't know why those are only rated for 48vdc.
They clearly have enough stand off for higher voltage.
But because of the rating, they shouldn't be used on a 48v nominal system. Which is actually higher than 48v.
That said,
If it's not getting inspected, I would have no issues using it.

I don't know why those are only rated for 48vdc.
They clearly have enough stand off for higher voltage.
But because of the rating, they shouldn't be used on a 48v nominal system. Which is actually higher than 48v.
That said,
If it's not getting inspected, I would have no issues using it.
Probably had to do with how old they are. 48v was some serious voltage back when I bought the first of those :)

I thought I was hot stuff running 24v back then.

I just wandered around looking at a bunch of blue seas stuff and they seem fixated on 48v.

Even this monster is listed at 48v.

• 600A PowerBar with four 3/8" terminal studs
  • Reinforced polycarbonate base with tin plated pure electrical copper for maximum conductivity
  • 4 mounting holes accept 1/4" screws
  • Max voltage: 300VAC/ 48VDC
  • Continuous Rating: 545A AC/ 600A DC
61C5FMU0d7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just wandered around looking at a bunch of blue seas stuff and they seem fixated on 48v.

• Reinforced polycarbonate base with tin plated pure electrical copper for maximum conductivity
They really should go through the process of getting them rated for 60vdc.
They could sell a lot more. And easily charge more.

Those look meaty. So how big of a system are we talking?

This guy only needed something capable of landing #6~#4 wire.

Video at about 11:30sec.
DIY Victron 120/240V Split Phase System for Beginners! No Programming Required
1000006850.png

Working on the fine tuning for battery positioning and placement of the BMS in the case. Each BMS has its own subtle install placement tricks. The JK active BMS is no exception.

Still on the list of needed items are the inverter and charge controller. In the past I dealt with Logan of Arizona Sun and Solar and the service was excellent. I am currently leaning towards Current Connected. Dexter of @HighTechLab has been very helpful in communications and on this site. They also have an excellent reputation and I am strongly considering placing my next order with them.

I do have a "wishlist" of items so far. Considering that we are rapidly approaching an expensive month I will likely defer additional purchases until after the first of the year.

Still on the list of needed items are the inverter and charge controller. In the past I dealt with Logan of Arizona Sun and Solar and the service was excellent. I am currently leaning towards Current Connected. Dexter of @HighTechLab has been very helpful in communications and on this site. They also have an excellent reputation and I am strongly considering placing my next order with them.

I do have a "wishlist" of items so far. Considering that we are rapidly approaching an expensive month I will likely defer additional purchases until after the first of the year.
Advantage of keeping on spending till end of year is only a few months will you get the 30% tax credit.

I got a smart 150/35 after the recent big price drops, planning on running 9 Hyundai 300W panels for heavy overpanelling to max winter harvest (2700pW and 2000W output) in 3S3P with a battery of four Redodo 12V mini 100Ah in series.

Here is the product label for the hand truck I picked up. It can be operated in three positions. In the middle you can also see a metal tongue that can be extended out if needed. It is attached by bolts. Since the battery is currently slated to rest on the bottom of the truck I am considering a wooden frame that can rest on the truck and cover the extended tongue. I am also considering cross braces on the sides to help support the weight. This wooden frame will extend up the back of the truck and allow attachment points for the inverter, etc. Will likely cover with hardiboard as a precaution.
IMG_3157.jpeg

My Pike bus bars arrived today. Rated for 400 amp continuous. 6 to 48v dc.

Placed a common fork next to one for scale. The amount of metal showing is misleading. It runs down into the plastic casing. The weight of these is comparable to the ones in the other build.
IMG_3158.jpeg

Last edited:
I like painters tape. Helps me scribe and cut the insulation. This was supposed to be tinned copper but I decided to use another supplier for this application.

IMG_3160.jpeg

Last edited:
My Pike bus bars arrived today. Rated for 400 amp continuous. 6 to 48v dc.

Placed a common fork next to one for scale. The amount of metal showing is misleading. It runs down into the plastic casing. The weight of these is comparable to the ones in the other build.
Hehehe, now you see how Beefy they are and that is not "cheap plastic" either as you noticed. You do get what you pay for with these.

diy solar

diy solar
Back