diy solar

diy solar

PowMr and Eg4 life power batteries

Havean

Hey all! Name is Josh glad to be apart of this forum! So I was gifted a PowMr 5000w all in one inverter for our soon to be off grid homestead in Oklahoma. I am very interested in the lifepower4 batteries.

My question is will My inverter be able to communicate with the battery? If not is bad that it doesn't have communication with the BMS? Any other good 48v battery options good for the price?

it has a rs485 connection on it... From what I've been able to find on a few different searches indicate don't plug this thing in to anything if you like not being on fire.

it has a rs485 connection on it... From what I've been able to find on a few different searches indicate don't plug this thing in to anything if you like not being on fire.
Do tell more please.

Hey all! Name is Josh glad to be apart of this forum! So I was gifted a PowMr 5000w all in one inverter for our soon to be off grid homestead in Oklahoma. I am very interested in the lifepower4 batteries.

My question is will My inverter be able to communicate with the battery? If not is bad that it doesn't have communication with the BMS? Any other good 48v battery options good for the price?
Welcome to the forum.
It should communicate if you get the settings correct, I'd just run based on voltages.
SOK and Ruixi seem to make a nice pre-built, you're better off building your own in my opinion.

Do tell more please.

Welcome to the forum.
It should communicate if you get the settings correct, I'd just run based on voltages.
SOK and Ruixi seem to make a nice pre-built, you're better off building your own in my opinion.
Thank you! I might actually do that. I know I'll be creating the dolly system using this at first sense we will be living out of a canvas tent temporarily.

Do tell more please.
I believe this is the product in question

Seems to be a knockoff of MakeSkyBlue. No UL listings to speak of. The pricing of this AIO is suspect and raises the question of "Was this built with longevity or safety in mind?"

Will it work? Amazon reviews seem to indicate it does work, but very finicky. Keep in mind people that order items like this on Amazon seem to not have a full understanding of basic electronics, so negative reviews could be sourced from people not reading the manual. However, reading the manual indicates it is using a 7 segment display for everything vs other AIO units with LED/LCD screens. This entire product seems to scream "Built as cheaply as possible to make a buck" louder than DR Horton homes

Seems to be a knockoff of MakeSkyBlue. No UL listings to speak of. The pricing of this AIO is suspect and raises the question of "Was this built with longevity or safety in mind?"

Will it work? Amazon reviews seem to indicate it does work, but very finicky. Keep in mind people that order items like this on Amazon seem to not have a full understanding of basic electronics, so negative reviews could be sourced from people not reading the manual. However, reading the manual indicates it is using a 7 segment display for everything vs other AIO units with LED/LCD screens. This entire product seems to scream "Built as cheaply as possible to make a buck" louder than DR Horton homes
I'm 99.9% certain, it's made by SRNE; Some Really Nice Equipment.
That model wouldn't have UL because it's 230V single phase.

Some more info about SRNE here.

This is the one. https://powmr.com/products/all-in-one-inverter-charger-5000w-110vac-48vdc?variant=45019553923367

If that's the case, you might need another as most US houses are 240 split phase. (If they stack to do such a thing)
Everything I'll be running will be 110/120v. Its going to be shed converted into a studio. Biggest thing being ran would be a 9000 btu mini split. Kitchen is going to be gas. TV, few lights and a air fryer or microwave time to time.

Everything I'll be running will be 110/120v. Its going to be shed converted into a studio. Biggest thing being ran would be a 9000 btu mini split. Kitchen is going to be gas. TV, few lights and a air fryer or microwave time to time.
If it's a standalone circuit panel, you'll probably be fine. Take my skepticism toward the unit how you will. You might get years of usage out of it with no issue. Such is life. As to your question, the answer is a solid "Maybe" it will communicate with batteries. EG4 batteries have the same protocol, but you may have to set charge parameters manually.

I'm unsure if the BMS communication functions properly on these inverters with the LifePower4 because it hasn't been tested. However, if it does, the RS485 connection would involve pins 7 and 8 to connect to the battery, and the inverter would require a specific pinout to interface with the PowMr. If you're using open-loop communication or a user-defined setup, I suggest adhering to the specifications provided for the low DC cutoff, float, and bulk charge values. While open-loop communication may have some drawbacks over longterm use, it typically performs well.

Attachments

• EG4-LifePower4-48V-Spec-Sheet.pdf
    160.1 KB · Views: 2
Back