diy solar

diy solar

Put battery into sleep mode

That is good to know!! Thank you!

I just recharged after the first complete discharge in this SOC calibration process. What is considered an acceptable V Difference between the cells in a battery. I currently have one battery with a V difference of 0.14V. The other battery is less than half that.

The inverter is also still in Float mode. I thought Float was bad for LFP?
That difference is nothing to worry about. It will get better as you use and cycle the batteries more. 300mv or more on a new battery is concerning.

That difference is nothing to worry about. It will get better as you use and cycle the batteries more. 300mv or more on a new battery is concerning.
Sounds good. Thank you for all of your time and answering my questions.

I do have a couple more.
1) Do I have to register the batteries with SOK and the inverter with Victron for future warranty purposes, or is that done through you guys?
2)Will the smart shunt wire into the inverter BT unit allowing me to see battery capacity on the Victron App?

Sounds good. Thank you for all of your time and answering my questions.

I do have a couple more.
1) Do I have to register the batteries with SOK and the inverter with Victron for future warranty purposes, or is that done through you guys?
2)Will the smart shunt wire into the inverter BT unit allowing me to see battery capacity on the Victron App?
SOK batteries and Victron inverters purchased through us are tracked/registered by order number. As long as you can reference your order number or we can find it by name/phone number/email, you are good to go.

No. The smartshunt has its own bluetooth signal. If monitoring the inverter via Bluetooth is desired, then you would need the VE Bus Smart Dongle.

No. The smartshunt has its own bluetooth signal. If monitoring the inverter via Bluetooth is desired, then you would need the VE Bus Smart Dongle

I phrased my question poorly. I have the VE Bus Smart dongle currently installed. Will the smartshunt talk to the VE Bus Smart Dongle and display SOC through the Victron app, or do I have to switch back and forth between the two bluetooth signals?

I phrased my question poorly. I have the VE Bus Smart dongle currently installed. Will the smartshunt talk to the VE Bus Smart Dongle and display SOC through the Victron app, or do I have to switch back and forth between the two bluetooth signals?
Normally you would have to switch between the two. Otherwise you can enable instant readout…but I don’t think it gives you much info from the inverter

Back