diy solar

diy solar

Question about 2 different JBD bms

alishac

So for my 8x 160ah eve cells I was thinking of doing 2p4s but a few people told me its better to do 4s2p..
Issue is the bms I got is nearly sold out its a muller 250a jbd custom bms thats 4s..

I found another JBD thats 300a 4s with bluetooth same as the muller one but my question is
can you have say a 250a and a 300a linked in 4s2p? Or does the bms have to be the same amps?

Should be fine. Just make sure settings on both are the same. Don't skip on top balancing your cells. It will save you alot of trouble in the long run.

Nothing wrong with 2P4S, many ready built batteries are configured that way. With quality cells I dont think there will be an issue,
provided your system loads are within the capacity of your 250 amp BMS.

If you decide to build 2 batteries then with 160 Ah cells a 250 or 300 amp BMS is somewhat excessive, as limiting the current to 1C is prefered Normally two battery builds used in parallel are because the BMSs and batteries are not powerful enough to meet demands.

You have an excellent Muller BMS, build a 2P4S battery using the Muller and enjoy.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with 2P4S, many ready built batteries are configured that way. With quality cells I dont think there will be an issue,
provided your system loads are within the capacity of your 250 amp BMS.

If you decide to build 2 batteries then with 160 Ah cells a 250 or 300 amp BMS is somewhat excessive, as limiting the current to 1C is prefered Normally two battery builds in series are made because the BMS used is not powerful enough to meet demands.

You have an excellent Muller BMS, build a 2P4S battery using the Muller and enjoy.

Just another question about 2p4s.. in the config pdf on the forum the (D) I find the best for my setup.
I can get 99.99% non oxidized 38.1x3.18mm x 4m tinned copper flat bar for $88 which I think is pretty darn good.
The question is.. I seen some people have a wider bar and have holes for the cell studs but also 1 smaller hole in the middle of the bar
for the bms wires.. How does this work when the bar is between the positive and negative and normally the bms wire attaches to one the studs.

Because I was thinking due to config (d) it has 2 long strips or 3 bars on eachside so I was wanting to know could I just do 1 long bar down each side and have the holes nessacery in the middle of the bar where the bms wire would go so I don't have to use up space on the studs? stufff.jpg

Back