diy solar

diy solar

Quite proud - ran a MTB Enduro event on solar

Stupid Monkey

So I'm 18 months on from hitting the point where Will's video's gave me enough confidence to build my own 12kwh pack and triple my solar and do MUCH more with solar. This forum and the real world success's people were having also played a major part in me attempting this - so thank you.

As well as off grid living in my camper I also wanted to be able to run the events I organise on solar power. Last September I had a trial run but didn't fully commit, the other week, in mid summer I managed to run an event (with Covid this is actually only the 2nd event I've run in 18 months) and run it on solar power.

I've 6 x ~350w panels as well as the 12kwh lithium. The event wasn't "small" it was the first round of the national enduro series, a points scorer for the world enduro global rankings and had 707 racers sign up for it

Sat I used 6kwh during day, 4kwh in the evening and another 6kwh the next day. I finished the event with the bank at 100% due to the most glorious sunshine all weekend. But with a successful test then I reckon I could even run on solar in bad weather as long as I start with a high SOC %age.

Back