diy solar

diy solar

RE+ solar conference is fast approaching! What new products or booths are you interested in?

I’d be leery at publishing that number. Lots of jealous fucks out there. I do about the same gross numbers (but have to pay writers and editors so net half). They don’t consider the years of little sleep and plowing a day job income and reinvestment into a business to get that kind of return (while they were fucking about on an Xbox and PlayStation),
Let people be jealous. We all have potential, it's up to us to tap into it. Never understood resenting other people's success.
I mean, seriously, Will's success brings a wealth of knowledge to the masses, both in his contribution and those who offer so much because this site is here. Seems to me, the better he does, the more he and others can contribute to those of us who take advantage of this site and his media.

Let people be jealous. We all have potential, it's up to us to tap into it. Never understood resenting other people's success.
I mean, seriously, Will's success brings a wealth of knowledge to the masses, both in his contribution and those who offer so much because this site is here. Seems to me, the better he does, the more he and others can contribute to those of us who take advantage of this site and his media.
The kind of jealousy I mean is the kind where they are motivated by pure malevolence to tear something down rather than spend the same amount of energy to build something up. There’s some crazy assed people out there with chips in their shoulders who think society owes them something. And that crazy segment continues to grow.

The kind of jealousy I mean is the kind where they are motivated by pure malevolence to tear something down rather than spend the same amount of energy to build something up. There’s some crazy assed people out there with chips in their shoulders who think society owes them something. And that crazy segment continues to grow.

Very true.

Handle your money like your present success was a flash in the pan.
Manage the real estate to earn money long term.
Be careful with the loan sharking, you may not have the experience to be sufficiently selective or the ability to collect, unless things are well collateralized. Insurance companies are successful due to actuarial data.

$133k x 36 should have already let you build up a nest egg that will last you for life, regardless of how things work out in the future. Manage it that way while you're successful, so when and if the bottom falls out you're sitting pretty.

My figures look just like yours. Except that is "years" not "months", both in terms of time to earn the money and how long I've been at it.

Most of my daily life hasn't changed from this money unfortunately. I hate traveling. I work all day on videos and the forum. I still am in the backyard moving panels and batteries under the vegss sun. Some of my health problems that made me homeless for ten years still come back here and there.

I just mention it because people make assumptions about my life and they don't understand that I'm not even thinking about the money at this point. I'm retired. I just love electronics and I do this stuff for fun. Just as I always have. I will never stop loving diy and electronics.

I do like my house though. And my guns. That's the biggest benefit to money so far.

Most of my daily life hasn't changed from this money unfortunately. I hate traveling. I work all day on videos and the forum. I still am in the backyard moving panels and batteries under the vegss sun. Some of my health problems that made me homeless for ten years still come back here and there.

I just mention it because people make assumptions about my life and they don't understand that I'm not even thinking about the money at this point. I'm retired. I just love electronics and I do this stuff for fun. Just as I always have. I will never stop loving diy and electronics.

I do like my house though. And my guns. That's the biggest benefit to money so far.
You know what helped me with highs and lows? Magnesium. And it wasn’t placebo either. I noticed the effect afterwards as I started taking it for cramping when I went on keto and wasn’t eating as much and was sweating out my electrolytes. I noticed I was much more mellow, happier, anxiety way lower etc. I started looking into what I was doing differently. Magnesium.

You do know he just built a new shop and needs to fill it with more Tesla's, right?
Imagine the hits if he gets his own megapack and reviews it!

He already has that much battery capacity probably, just missing the pretty cover.

You know what helped me with highs and lows? Magnesium. And it wasn’t placebo either. I noticed the effect afterwards as I started taking it for cramping when I went on keto and wasn’t eating as much and was sweating out my electrolytes. I noticed I was much more mellow, happier, anxiety way lower etc. I started looking into what I was doing differently. Magnesium.
I put magnesium in my water everyday. It’s awesome

Retired? Does that mean exhausted from your second job? What is this "Retired" thing I keep hearing about? :unsure:

Re-tired as in he has been retreaded. Which works for a while, until the carcass gives out.

With inflation cutting value of dollar in half about every 8 years, in 40 years that (almost) $5M drops in buying power to $150k. Prudent investment is needed just to tread water, and they you have to pay taxes on the "gains".

One brazil nut per day gives you the US RDA of selenium. Three ounces gives you the magnesium, so better research selenium toxicity, make sure you don't overdose. Maybe something else gives more magnesium.

Also, be selective regarding source or you might exceed the RDA of (free) chlorine?
I took a bite and thought, "Is that chlorine I taste??" So I looked it up, and sure enough they are sometimes treated with chlorine.

I favor natural sources in diet over supplements. Although that may be difficult to achieve.
All the vitamins where were identified were for animal husbandry, not for human health. There is money in healthy animals and sick humans.
Supposedly, other things are need too so you will absorb the nutrients, and the natural foods contain other good things not yet identified.

I still haven't gotten a sol ark and I really don't want to spend all that cash for a 15K. They are pretty expensive. I'm surprised they don't send one ouout.
When I started learning about solar, I liked the sol-ark, and other products they had in development. Too bad none of them have come to market for you to review.

I take a few forms of magnesium throughout the day actually. One of my first books covered magnesium quite a bit

???

I recently saw a megapack in person and took some photos. Super cool systems. I love how the thermal management on a LFP battery. Pushing them to the limit

When I started learning about solar, I liked the sol-ark, and other products they had in development. Too bad none of them have come to market for you to review.
I want a off-grid specific sol ark that's half the price. That would be super cool.

They do have a new optimizer and microinverter that looks cool though.

Re-tired as in he has been retreaded. Which works for a while, until the carcass gives out.

With inflation cutting value of dollar in half about every 8 years, in 40 years that (almost) $5M drops in buying power to $150k. Prudent investment is needed just to tread water, and they you have to pay taxes on the "gains".

One brazil nut per day gives you the US RDA of selenium. Three ounces gives you the magnesium, so better research selenium toxicity, make sure you don't overdose. Maybe something else gives more magnesium.

Also, be selective regarding source or you might exceed the RDA of (free) chlorine?
I took a bite and thought, "Is that chlorine I taste??" So I looked it up, and sure enough they are sometimes treated with chlorine.

I favor natural sources in diet over supplements. Although that may be difficult to achieve.
All the vitamins where were identified were for animal husbandry, not for human health. There is money in healthy animals and sick humans.
Supposedly, other things are need too so you will absorb the nutrients, and the natural foods contain other good things not yet identified.
Hey good points hedges!!! My thoughts exactly. I think about this every hour or so.

Last year I paid 700K in taxes. Straight from my checking account. And inflation is just insane. True inflation if calculated as it was in the past. They have been deceptive in recent times with what they choose to measure inflation with. I put most of my cash into real estate or Bitcoin for this reason.

I guess that amount of taxes is in line with the income.

Bitcoin - I would worry about risk of crash. It has absolutely no intrinsic value. (kind of like the dollar.) "Backed by the full faith and credit of the internet"?

You need some amount of liquid funds. Usually that doesn't carry more than interest, which today is some 20% lower than inflation. Equities are volatile in their own way, but a diversified basket over time has done pretty well. Stocks and Bay Area real estate have had similar gains over many decades. I've tried my hand at picking stocks but probably did worse than a low costs index fund.

Physical gold I think will always have value. It has underperformed financials for long periods, but over all time it may have kept up with inflation. Biggest problem I see is it has to be protected and a significant amount of it would make you a significant target.

I looked up other useful metals, catalysts etc., at Kitco I think. Problem was huge spread between buy and sell if you take possession; they have to assay it. As a paper asset the transaction costs would be far lower, but then you're just a creditor of the company.

I'd like a way to ride the value of commodities. But that is mostly done with futures, or stock in mining etc. firms. Then you're subject to the risk of their leverage and other financial shenanigans.

Back