diy solar

diy solar

recommened 24c DC to 240v AC

Front angle:
front-angle-jpg.18043

Thank you for posting this, I'm curious to hear what @gnubie thinks, looks pretty similar to my untrained eye.

Here is a picture of the inside of a similar model 4kw split phase Aims inverter taken from this video:

aims1.png

And here you can see the inside of a sigineer 6kw

It's a dead giveaway, same unit or at the least near identical from the same OEM. That transformer is very distinctive.

Adding my two cents, I have a 1hp Grunfos pump, and it's drawing ~9.4amps, or ~2200W. One additional piece of information I can add is the startup surge of the Grunfos, which is 37-38amps (~9000W). I have two meters that can measure "inrush current"; that being the amp draw for the first half second or so. The inverter you select needs to be able to handle the inrush. My XW6848 is 5 second rated at 12,000W, and handles it easily. I did however have a fire-extingisher within arms reach the very first time I turned on the pump. I'd suggest looking through the documentation to find what's the largest transient load it can start. I can tell you from experience that in the past, this pump could stall a 4000W Onan generator, so the inrush needs serious evaluation.
The 4kw Sungold claims it will take a 12kw surge for 20 sec, but I have not tested that. Of course, I see they also have a 6kw 24v split-phase inverter as an option. It has a 20-sec surge rating of 18kw.

Often you can find the OEM's markings on the main PCB then hit Google and find out who really made it. I don't want to annoy @Fred S again but if there are hi-res versions of the 2nd photo, it looks like there is some text at the edge of the board. That might be enough. Enough digging on youtube might turn up a clear enough shot too.

The Sigineer looks nearly identical as well.

I can't find any videos or images of the inside of a Yiyen inverter.

https://www.yiyen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/aps-apc-inverter-3000-watt-power-inverter.jpg
Yes the Sigineer cover matches the Sungold too, LED display and all. If the Sigineer and the AIMS are reliable, that seems to bode well for the Sungold. I have a 12v 3kw AIMS, same kind of case, 3 years old and haven't had any problems with it.

Yep, Sigineer for sure. I didn't look any further. The board is "Anypower PCB, PSDR-06300-02".

Seems to be more model of the unit than anything but at least we know they are actually the same thing now. I wonder who really makes them.

Yes. I looked only briefly to try to find the actual manufacturer, no luck.
In any event, I suppose it's helpful to know that if it fails out of warranty, hopefully the culprit will be the board, then I can get one $200.

I'm quite curious where @Skip ended up with his project?
I have very similar case that I'd like basic offgrid type inverter as backup power for sump pump.
- What to just hook it up primarily to AC, but if AC goes off Auto Transfer switch kicks in the DC.
- With one more thing - to be able to use as backup power to main panel as like a generator.

For this my thought is Low Freq type inverter is best, and my favorite is Magnasine - but so expensive (over $5k once done with batt's).
Also thought of the Growatt Low Freq 6K unit for $1200, but no UL is big turn off (no pun).

So now I've got my eye on the SunpowerGold mentioned above.... seems too good to be true.
- Now it's UL1741 (don't think they were before?)
- Free shipping
- 10% off until June 30th (just worry it's going to take 6 mo's like my generators).

Anything wrong with this for something I may never need?

Back