diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 1000w Inverter Faults when trying to charge Ecoflow Delta 2

cody0r

Currently I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 + Extra Battery and it is connected to two solar panels to max out the 500w charging on the XT60 input.
I wanted to have charging coming into the AC input but I wanted that charged with solar as well.

So I have a 1000w Renogy Inverter connected to a 12v Renogy Battery, Renogy 60A MPPT, and another larger solar array. I was hoping to use this existing setup to also charge the Ecoflow Delta 2 via the AC input, just like it does when connected to outlet in the house.

When I connect it, I get an immediate Ground Fault on the Inverter and it will not charge.
Could this just be a grounding bond fault?
Is there anything to keep this from occurring?

Beyond my knowledge to speak about grounding bond faults, but in general I understand it is not recommended to not use inverter power to charge other batteries. Not sure why or if it's limited to LFP batteries or what, but that's what I keep reading. Hopefully someone with a better answer can reply, like @Hedges

Ecoflow plugged into Renogy causes ground fault? In Ecoflow? Or in Renogy?

Try plugging things into GFCI outlet of a house, see if that trips.

Mobile inverters switch neutral-ground bond. Maybe that causes issues.

Does Renogy have neutral-ground bond, 120V from L to G, 0V from N to G? Or is it one of those +/-60V inverters?

There are videos on youtube about the

Renogy Inverter - GFCI triggering on the Renogy and what they did to solve it​

search for
Renogy 700W Inverter - Neutral Ground Bond and GFCI
This may help its the same internal layout as the 1000
some just pull the 2 red wire plug and
it works

Currently I have an Ecoflow Delta 2 + Extra Battery and it is connected to two solar panels to max out the 500w charging on the XT60 input.
I wanted to have charging coming into the AC input but I wanted that charged with solar as well.

So I have a 1000w Renogy Inverter connected to a 12v Renogy Battery, Renogy 60A MPPT, and another larger solar array. I was hoping to use this existing setup to also charge the Ecoflow Delta 2 via the AC input, just like it does when connected to outlet in the house.

When I connect it, I get an immediate Ground Fault on the Inverter and it will not charge.
Could this just be a grounding bond fault?
Is there anything to keep this from occurring?
My Renogy 1000W installed in my prius. I wanted recharge Delta 2 from my car and got the same ground fault error. I'm using this https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/474382688 to avoid ground fault error.

Back