diy solar

diy solar

Requesting assistance with charging parameters. Programming a Victron 24-V multiplus 2x120 3000

Fivespeed56

I have constructed two 8S 24-volt 304 AH batteries using EVE 304 AH 3.2-volt cells. I will connect them to a bus for a total of one 8S2P 24-volt 608 AH battery pack.

I have two questions.
  • First, I am looking the proper charging parameters for the cells after building in this configuration. I am charging with the Victron SmartSolar 150/85 CC. I’ve attached a screenshot of the battery settings page from the Victron Connect App. The setting in the screenshot were for BAttleborn 12-V so they obviously do not apply tomy situation. Can anybody please tell me what you recommend for these settings.
Charging parameter values I can change:

Absorption Voltage:
Float Voltage:
Equalization Voltage:
Re-Bulk Voltage offset:
Absorption Duration: (Adaptive/Fixed)
Maximum Absorption Time:
Tail Current:
Equalization Current Percentage:
Automatic Equalization: (Disabled / Equalize every ____ Days)
Equalization stop mode: (Fixed Time / Automatic on Voltage)
Maximum Equalization Duration:
Temperature Compensation (mV/°C):
Low-Temperature Cutoff (optional):
  • Second, and this is not critical, just for curiosity and learning:
I am using individual JBD-SP10S009 (100A 8s 24V) BMS, one for each pack. I have attached a screenshot of the JBD Application home page which shows the state of the cells in one of the completed 24-volt packs. This is after the first full charge and before I have completed top balancing. Does anybody know why the SOC would show 100% 26.78 volts - 100.0 Ah of 100Ah - when I expected it to show 304Ah of 304Ah?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-092801-294x1024.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-092801-294x1024.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240720_060249_Overkill Solar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240720_060249_Overkill Solar.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1
I have constructed two 8S 24-volt 304 AH batteries using EVE 304 AH 3.2-volt cells. I will connect them to a bus for a total of one 8S2P 24-volt 608 AH battery pack.

I have two questions.
  • First, I am looking the proper charging parameters for the cells after building in this configuration. I am charging with the Victron SmartSolar 150/85 CC. I’ve attached a screenshot of the battery settings page from the Victron Connect App. The setting in the screenshot were for BAttleborn 12-V so they obviously do not apply tomy situation. Can anybody please tell me what you recommend for these settings.
Charging parameter values I can change:

Absorption Voltage:
Float Voltage:
Equalization Voltage:
Re-Bulk Voltage offset:
Absorption Duration: (Adaptive/Fixed)
Maximum Absorption Time:
Tail Current:
Equalization Current Percentage:
Automatic Equalization: (Disabled / Equalize every ____ Days)
Equalization stop mode: (Fixed Time / Automatic on Voltage)
Maximum Equalization Duration:
Temperature Compensation (mV/°C):
Low-Temperature Cutoff (optional):

Just pick the default Victron smart lithium.

• Second, and this is not critical, just for curiosity and learning:

I am using individual JBD-SP10S009 (100A 8s 24V) BMS, one for each pack. I have attached a screenshot of the JBD Application home page which shows the state of the cells in one of the completed 24-volt packs. This is after the first full charge and before I have completed top balancing. Does anybody know why the SOC would show 100% 26.78 volts - 100.0 Ah of 100Ah - when I expected it to show 304Ah of 304Ah?

Capacity is programmed into the BMS. You must enter 304Ah.

diy solar

diy solar
Back