diy solar

diy solar

Restore

Bluedog225

Texas
It’s gotten to the point where I simply think of something I need and it shows up at Restore. Not that I believe in that stuff but it keeps happening.😁

This morning I went by and the manager pulled me aside and said we’ve got some used solar panels and a bunch of this metal stuff. Do you want it. I said I guess. I’ve always been candid with the guy and I told him the micro inverters were old models and might not even be functional. But I would take the metal racking as it could be reused. He was going to scrap it.

Looks like something called a K2 system and appears to be unistrut compatible.

Pretty happy about this. Not sure what to do with all the M250 enphase micros yet.

IMG_0671.jpeg

The M250 series seem to be reliable and work quite well when AC Coupled to an XW+. In fact, the M250's quite often ride through the few msec delay while the XW+ transfers during a power outage.

Probably are not worth much but if they still work, those are decent products for a low cost DIY project.

I often donate items to them. I recently did a major culling of tools that I hadn't used in years and hailed them all in there.

Mine is close by. It’s easy to visit just to get out of the house. Going often is the key to finding stuff. It goes quick.

I often donate items to them. I recently did a major culling of tools that I hadn't used in years and hailed them all in there.

My local restore over prices most items and super over prices anything they perceive as collectable. It wasn't always like that, but changed when they hired a new manager. I finally got tired of seeing that and told them that I would no longer shop there and why.
It's unfortunate because the local goodwill and salvation army skim off all the better stuff so most of whats sold in store is literally garbage.

I’ve been going for years. The prices on stuff ebbs and flows. Often depending on the manager. I got pretty upset as well.

But I continued to find odd stuff. Especially when they don’t know what they have. Like a box of S5! bases for cheap. Then the manager leaves and it changes.

Going in a lot, I’ve learned everyone’s name and always give a big hello. And after business hours when the managers are gone, some of the staff are pretty flexible if they like you. Some pan dulce on occasion doesn’t hurt.

Back