diy solar

diy solar

Reverse daily energy demand

frankz66

Hello everyone, for my needs the off grid system that I currently use, from a period to this part I am using it during the hours of day and very little at night. The system is composed of an agm accumulation of 440 amps 12v c100, 4 panels in 2s2p a 6415an and an edecoa 1000 watt pure wave inverter. My question is related to the stress of batteries in the sense that : Being aware that the batteries are C100 , these batteries were designed to deliver current in 100 hours with 1.1 amps...... Normally I have always asked the batteries for a maximum night power of about 140 watts on 5.2 kw and the batteries have never dropped below 12.20 or 12.30 . The question is: if during the day I constantly ask for 300 watts and the panels also deliver from 400 up to 650 watts when needed, do I stress the batteries? Even today I would like to understand, if the batteries are sufficiently charged to 70% and I ask for about 400 watts the excess energy supplied by the panels passes the same from the batteries or does the inverter draws from the CCC? I did some tests during the day with the batteries quite charged, and it also required 500 watts. The voltages remain unchanged and it seems that the system is not stressed that much, I only realize that the amps of the batteries increase in absorption, even up to over 40 amps but with stable voltage. Being as written before batteries designed for a minimal release of current and constant nekl time, so doing the ruins?

The question is: if during the day I constantly ask for 300 watts and the panels also deliver from 400 up to 650 watts when needed, do I stress the batteries?

No

If solar panels make 400w , and 300w goes to loads , then 100w goes into the batteries

No

If solar panels make 400w , and 300w goes to loads , then 100w goes into the batteries
Thanks Sam, but what I ask as an inexperienced, is that if at the moment considering the season the panels make a lot, on average over 500 watts with values of even 700 watts, being the c100 batteries, as written before, if I apply a load example of 400 watts continuous I see that the current always passes from the batteries (40 amps), this current is only passing through At that moment the batteries are under stress or do they let the one you need to pass? To make you understand I attach image: in this image you can see the absorption of the batteries, with a load of just 150 watts on the inverter .....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-04 alle 10.29.08.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 alle 10.29.08.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Sam, but what I ask as an inexperienced, is that if at the moment considering the season the panels make a lot, on average over 500 watts with values of even 700 watts, being the c100 batteries, as written before, if I apply a load example of 400 watts continuous I see that the current always passes from the batteries (40 amps), this current is only passing through At that moment the batteries are under stress or do they let the one you need to pass? To make you understand I attach image: in this image you can see the absorption of the batteries, with a load of just 150 watts on the inverter .....

Depends how it's wired

Generally in situations like this the power just passes across the battery terminals / through the bus bar

Back