diy solar

diy solar

Review & feedback on solar upgrade

axial

Hi folks, I'm replacing the solar system in our off-grid house, and I'd really appreciate some feedback to check if I've got everything in the right place or if I'm missing anything before I install it all?

I'm ideally looking to make the system expandable over time, by adding more batteries, more solar panels, and another inverter at some point, so I'm happy to spend a bit more on the "core" parts now to avoid needing to upgrade them again in the future. The house came with 3 solar panels which are in series (but I need to go there to check the specs on them) and a 5kw generator that I plan on keeping, but I'm replacing the rest of the system. Would really appreciate some help!

Solar v1 - system diagram.png

Yea it looks good , there are certainly cheaper ways to get off grid , but that's all good kit and should do you proud

I think You will need 2 batteries to start with to get the full capacity out of that inverter other than that you have chosen a good system that should work well for many years

Thanks, that’s good to hear! Yes I’m planning on adding a couple more batteries fairly soon, but wanted to get everything up and running before spending lots more money! ?

Back