diy solar

diy solar

RS485 socket on Inverter?

squowse

Solar Enthusiast
Is this an RS485 socket? How would I go about using it? The inverter make ia Sunyima. At least that was on the Aliexpress listing. The actual inverter is unbranded apart from Chinese letters.

Attachments

• FA0724ED-A1AC-4817-B481-7592E6C25F35.jpeg
    FA0724ED-A1AC-4817-B481-7592E6C25F35.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 31
it appears to be rj45 in size assuming the picture isn't distorted and stretched.

however....

while comms ports are not exactly uncommon on mid and especially high-end inverters. What these ports are also often used for on cheaper and no-name inverters is a remote control unit that is not protocol based, but rather based on a simple open/closed contact switch.

what is the make and model of the inverter? No supporting documentation I assume?

edit... I see you have the make written in the post, that I glazed over. Perhaps the Asian language would provide more useful info? Have you tried looking at the inverter through google-glass for a live translation?

it appears to be rj45 in size assuming the picture isn't distorted and stretched.

however....

while comms ports are not exactly uncommon on mid and especially high-end inverters. What these ports are also often used for on cheaper and no-name inverters is a remote control unit that is not protocol based, but rather based on a simple open/closed contact switch.

what is the make and model of the inverter? No supporting documentation I assume?

edit... I see you have the make written in the post, that I glazed over. Perhaps the Asian language would provide more useful info? Have you tried looking at the inverter through google-glass for a live translation?
Take the lid off you might be able to see if which of the pins are connected.
If its only 2 it may be a very simple switch.

Hey,
In my opinion, the first pin of rj45 is VCC, the second is an on-off (NO) signal. It only works when the main switch is in the OFF position.

Back