diy solar

diy solar

RuiXU battery experiences

Are these ok to use in vertical orientation - front face pointing up?
looks like SolarPowerStore.ca in Canada now has the floor mounts and wall mounts listed..

The are selling the "Beaver" 100Ah rack battery which is identical to the Ruixu... so fitment should be compatible.

Wall: https://solarpowerstore.ca/collections/battery-mapleleaf/products/maple-leaf-wall-mounting-kits
Floor: https://solarpowerstore.ca/products...94871&pr_ref_pid=8198371115223&pr_seq=uniform

Last edited:
And now, after several hours, the finished product. I will get some proper sized cables and mount the inverter to the wall later this weekend.
The side panels come off too, but I don't know why anyone would ever want to take them off.

Well, I just put my foot in my own mouth. Why would anyone take off the side panels? When you drop a screw (or a tool) through the conduit hole and it lands inside the server rack. Without front/back doors and removable side panels, you'd have to take out batteries to find the item you dropped.

In Canada here; ordered in late October [20kWh cabinet kit] but the stock was still on its way to the warehouse... I asked yesterday when they expect to ship and they said it already shipped out. I didn't receive notice...

They also don't have any details such as carrier or waybill / tracking number so it's anyone's guess when it will show up. I am not in a rush but would like to be here when it gets delivered so I can flag any shipping damage. With my luck it will show up when I am out of town and the box will be out in the rain till I get back...

They need to improve the order progress communication, at least for Canadian orders.. Sounds like the US warehouse has a good system.

Edit: they sent shipping info shortly after this post

Last edited:
Shipment arrived yesterday on 2 pallets, one with the 6-slot cabinet and one with the 4 battery packs. Shipping in Canada was with Day and Ross transport with final delivery by smaller truck with power liftgate. Boxes looked fine, took about a week from Toronto warehouse to west coast. Have not unpacked yet... Mid December is a great time to commission a solar system up here lol

Finally got pretty much everything set up with the MLPS 6500EX AIO and Solar Assistant. There was a slight hiccup at first since I could not get rid of the "70" fault code when comes were hooked up. It turns out the Voltronic inverters need to be set to LIb protocol and NOT PYL. Ruixu was helpful and have since updated their instructions. Clear sailing now.

At least commissioning on December 21st means it can only get better from this point on.

FY - Current Connected is now selling RUIXU batteries and cabinents

Also Ruixu https://www.ruixubattery.com/
has a sale till December 31, 2023

1.Christmas & New Year Sale,Price 17% Off,ends on 31th,Dec

2.Free shipping on orders over $5,000,48 states only

This is what the Ruixu connectors look like..

CNNT
ES08-P

Don't say amphenol

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_132103382.jpg
    IMG_20231207_132103382.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20231207_132030135.jpg
    IMG_20231207_132030135.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20231207_132021709.jpg
    IMG_20231207_132021709.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 25
So my 20kWh stack is connected to a Voltronic 6.5k singlephase unit using the "LI-b" battery-type setting.
It is in a backyard workshop that is not completly done so the gear is idle for the most part with few led lights, a laptop and a SA unit as a draw on top of the inverter standby burn.

The units stated 30% SOC I charged with utility when I first got the stack and charged them slowly up to 100%. Again, not much use over the last few weeks so voltage stayed pretty constant around 51-52 with less than a kWh of solar daily due to temp panel config and winter clouds on the west coast. This morning I noticed the stack voltage was below 50V and dropping fast yet the SOC was still reading 93%.. It just crashed out the inverter when it got to <48V so I started the utility charging again.

How do I re-calibrate the SOC on these Ruixu packs... I am guessing leave to fully charge until the BMS terminates the charge?

So my 20kWh stack is connected to a Voltronic 6.5k singlephase unit using the "LI-b" battery-type setting.
It is in a backyard workshop that is not completly done so the gear is idle for the most part with few led lights, a laptop and a SA unit as a draw on top of the inverter standby burn.

The units stated 30% SOC I charged with utility when I first got the stack and charged them slowly up to 100%. Again, not much use over the last few weeks so voltage stayed pretty constant around 51-52 with less than a kWh of solar daily due to temp panel config and winter clouds on the west coast. This morning I noticed the stack voltage was below 50V and dropping fast yet the SOC was still reading 93%.. It just crashed out the inverter when it got to <48V so I started the utility charging again.

How do I re-calibrate the SOC on these Ruixu packs... I am guessing leave to fully charge until the BMS terminates the charge?
With most batteries ( rather bms'es) , soc is calibrated every time a full charge is done.
So easiest would be fully charging your batteries

It will take a few cycles for all cells to balance...
just an update..

I have 19.2 kWh of Ruixu packs in a backyard workshop I am still building and a single MLP 6500 ( = MPP LV6548)

The weather is crummy and I am still finishing the electrical/insulation/drywall so for not the equipment is on idle with only some lights now and then.

I can confirm that the Ruixu cannot detect the idle current draw of the inverter and solar assistant so the SOC never drops. Just something to watch out for. It hit 50V then started tanking while still reporting 98%. It just sat for 13 days on idle. If you are using it and pulling more than 50W continuously you will be fine..

Also I note that the close communication with the inverter works under LI-b protocol but the BMS is requesting a bulk charge and float voltage of 54.6V.... the ruixu manual says charge voltage should be 56V so not sure if the BMS is configured wrong.

I just put my Ruixu batteries in production as a UPS for my critical loads with 2 X 6000XP’s.

Pretty happy so far!

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0633.jpeg
    IMG_0633.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7282.jpeg
    IMG_7282.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7217.jpeg
    IMG_7217.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 31
Just ordered 4 Ruixu batteries with server rack. no shipping cost, no tax, 10% discount brings price below what I paid for 4 EG4 batteries without rack, 18 months ago, not to mention $400. plus, shipping, from S.S. . No ETA yet, but they need an outdoor enclosure to be built first anyway. 10% discount till end of February [edit]

Last edited:
Hello,

Is anyone else using the Ruixu packs with Solar Assistant? I can only get the stack metrics to show up but temp is not there. I was hoping to have the data for each pack in the stack but maybe that information isn't shared over the LI-b protocol.

It’s not on the 6000XP battery compatibility list, but communicates when on L-ion type 6.

@Rachel Wang-RUIXU any idea when it gets on this list?

It may be a little difficult, except Pylontech on the list, other companies have business cooperation with Luxpower.

But that doesn't matter, it's okay to use either the lithium-1 or lithium-6 protocol.

1707151947735.jpeg

Hello,

Is anyone else using the Ruixu packs with Solar Assistant? I can only get the stack metrics to show up but temp is not there. I was hoping to have the data for each pack in the stack but maybe that information isn't shared over the LI-b protocol.
The LI-b protocol contains temperature information

1707152612892.png

Back