diy solar

diy solar

RV Solar Awning

You beat me to it. Hah. I am considering putting a deposit down just to get the discount before Nov 15 and I am definitely going to reach out to them about a dealer relationship. Since this requires roof-top installation, I would have to remove a string of panels just to mount it. And, I wouldn’t replace my primary awning with it because it won’t keep you dry in the rain. Check out their website and FAQ for more information.

I've been waiting for the day to come that somebody makes this

Opinions?
$10K? You would spend that for a panel system that looks to be plastic covered cells?

Life span might be comparable to flex panels.

Now, if it had solid panels and extended similar to something like these, it would hold more promise. https://www.ostrichwing.com.au/ and https://bundutecusa.com/product/bunduhalf-8′-2-sided-awning/

Before spending $7500 + tax on an awning, my roof would need to be
-filled up (which it is), and
-the back of my trailer, the rear wall, would need to be filled up.
-and, all that together with my portable panels would still not produce enough power.

THen I’d consider this.

I think I could put 600 watts of panels on the rear wall, and not have to worry about panels blowing away in a windstorm.

I really would not trust the ”Auto Retract” for winds the company advertises. Not on the winds that I’ve seen that seem to come from nowhere and shake the trailer.

Some day we'll have flexible and thin enough solar panels that will replace the vinyl roll of a traditional awning or something closer to a side-mount roll-up solar generator. I for one am happy that someone is trying. Yeah, this seems a little kludgy, but many v1 products are. That said, I could see a wealthy customer hell-bent on generating as much solar as possible and I would be happy to sell them one.

Looks cool but not at the price. Would love to use it above my slide to keep the sun off and pull in some extra morning/evening power. However like someone said above wont keep you dry so wouldn't replace a traditional awning.

Back