diy solar

diy solar

Santan solar deal

I right clicked on "product specification" and opened in a new tab:

1702271385776.png

I think the difference is this panel swings both ways.

But data sheet lists part number CS3W-445MB-AG, while Inxeption's ad lists CS3W-445MS
Confirm with them which part number they're selling.

I right clicked on "product specification" and opened in a new tab:

I think the difference is this panel swings both ways.

But data sheet lists part number CS3W-445MB-AG, while Inxeption's ad lists CS3W-445MS
Confirm with them which part number they're selling.
Doesn't matter if I right click (in new tab) or left click. _I_ only get to see the non-bifacial datasheet.
When I look at it from the "private channel" and go to that listing it only shows the non-bifacial datasheet.
I have to assume the the B in the part number should imply BiFacial, and AG == all glass ?
MB-AG = Mono BiFacial All Glass
MS = Mono Single
So if/when someone orders, make sure you get the right one, since it is confusing (to say the least)
Based on the model number sold/defined CS3W-445MS (in the link @n2aws posted) it might not be bifacial.
He will find out tomorrow!

Last edited:
I just looked at the datasheet and there is no mention of these panels being bifacial. Only the sales description on inxeption says so.
Please report if they are truly bifacial. If not, you could demand some compensation from inxeption
There’s 3 separate mentions of bifacial on the sales page as well as the product documentation link that shows them being bifacial (on my end anyways)
They only show 3 pallets in inventory

There’s 3 separate mentions of bifacial on the sales page as well as the product documentation link that shows them being bifacial (on my end anyways)
They only show 3 pallets in inventory
There is a difference between the link given here and when you lookup Canadian solar panels on their website.
Both refer to same model number of panels. The model number itself implies they are non bifacial.
The link given in this thread has a link to datasheet with different model number that are bifacial.
When you lookup Canadian solar on their website it shows same deal, model number, price etc but links to a datasheet of non bifacial.
One person will find out today what they actually shipped.
It is confusing imo

Last edited:
There is a difference between the link given here and when you lookup Canadian solar panels on their website. Both refer to same model number of panels that implies they are non bifacial.
The link given in this thread links to datasheet with different model number that is bifacial, when you lookup Canadian solar on their website it shows same deal, model number, price etc but inks to datasheet of non bifacial.
One person will find out today what they actually shipped.
It is confusing imo
I see what you’re saying now. My apologies

He will find out tomorrow!
I see how my post was poorly worded and caused confusion. I bought the NE Solar panels (the 370w guys), I was only mentioning that the site had a new deal that looked pretty good too with canadian solar panels, however I did not order them.

It's all about lifespan and degradation. Which may depend on environment.
I selected these for my sister and my neighbor, having chosen top name brands for myself.
If they do fail, there should be plenty of cheap used panels in the future. My installs being series string, any voltage under 600Voc is fine. Whatever number of panels fit on the rails, no more than we have RSD boxes for, would get system working again.

Inxeption's ad said "Stabuli", while data sheet says "MC4-compatible". As we know, nothing is compatible unless UL listed as such.

When I pick up the second pallet (forgotten as part of initial shipment), I was thinking about how to secure standing on edge for driving after unloading the remaining 9 panels needed at my sister's place. Just realized I should offload all 31 at my neighbor's, re-load 9 flat for the trip. (I'll also hang onto two of them to wire in parallel on my roof for testing IQ8 inverters if FedEx ever figures out how to deliver them to the FedEx store where I requested they be held.)

When I pick up the second pallet (forgotten as part of initial shipment), I was thinking about how to secure standing on edge for driving after unloading the remaining 9 panels needed at my sister's place. Just realized I should offload all 31 at my neighbor's, re-load 9 flat for the trip.
Mine arrived with a hole in one corner of the cardboard, even scratched on the back of the panel. I cut that end loose, panel was ok, definitely a close call. Driver liked stopping here, unloaded in 2 minutes.

I pulled into the shop, cut the bands after wrapping some vertical ratchet straps on each end run thru the pallet. Had the forklift tilted slightly back and all panels were good. Had panels vertical on pallet and tightened up the straps, then the cardboard back on and one horizontal ratchet strap. Completely solid. Stored away in shed until next summer. By the time any mount gets here or I build one, the frost will probably be 4 feet down.

Mine arrived with a hole in one corner of the cardboard, even scratched on the back of the panel. I cut that end loose, panel was ok, definitely a close call. Driver liked stopping here, unloaded in 2 minutes.
Same here. a forklift obviously hit one spot on the container, but we opened it up with the driver here.. and there is a VERY minor scratch on 1 frame. no denting of the frame, and no broken glass. My guess is, they missed the glass by maybe 1"

These sure look awfully familiar too.

Nobody order them... It's robbery
View attachment 182484
I'll sell my pallet for $5666 right now, LOL

They had a note posted at the register for one such item available cheaper at Lowes, warning cashier against refunds.

I told them, "Well, lower your price to match!"

Back