diy solar

diy solar

Santan solar deal

Fair game to compare Alt E Store and Signature Solar's prices. Maybe not to Inxeption.

Inxeption I think is a liquidator, taking what companies have dumped. Could be below wholesale, maybe they sell to us at wholesale, and whoever they bought from lost some money.

We've heard that panels can be had FOB (does that count there?) China for $0.10/W.

Who am I to talk about markup? I'm a bargain hunter when I shop, but if I'm going to sell my time, I consider salary at my day job, not what other people may charge. (For a few hours of my time, rate is going to be 2x the cash compensation that I earn day-in and day-out.)

Who am I to talk about markup? I'm a bargain hunter when I shop, but if I'm going to sell my time, I consider salary at my day job, not what other people may charge. (For a few hours of my time, rate is going to be 2x the cash compensation that I earn day-in and day-out.)
Good thing we get it for free here. Even still, I am tempted to demand a refund. :ROFLMAO:

As you might guess, I don't do a lot of (paid) side jobs. Might be different if I was hungry. Instead, I spend my time working on things or buying things to work on/with.

Fortunately I found work on products that sell for 10's of $millions each, so what they pay me is a drop in the bucket, my contribution is hopefully a significant performance improvement for the customer, and I can afford my toys. I've also worked on programs that cost 10's of $billions.

Those panels from Inxeption I selected to install for people I know cost $2000/pallet. What I bought for myself cost $1000/pallet (plus shipping.) Did I say I'm a notoriously cheap b*st*rd?

Inxeption told me the missing pallet is on its way, so I expect to pick up and unload later this week.

14 of the NE solar are up.
Mostly sunny skies.
My only complaint is the leads aren't long enough for skip wiring.
Mppt 1 in the attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216-111259__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216-111259__01.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 21
  • img_thermal_1702741839148.jpg
    img_thermal_1702741839148.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 21
  • img_thermal_1702741607663.jpg
    img_thermal_1702741607663.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 21
Inxeption told me the missing pallet is on its way, so I expect to pick up and unload later this week.

They forgot to give me the tracking or "Pro Number", so XPO hesitated to give me the pallet (which I could see right there), but after looking things up they went ahead. Just have to unload at friends & family to store until we install.

The place looked like a ghost town. No trucks, and just a few items on the dock.

Saw a sign there that XPO is acquiring a number of Yellow Freight terminals. Articles say they are buying 28 locations for some $800 Million, pending bankruptcy court approval.

Shipping peaked a couple years ago, has been low last 18 months. But not cheap. I hear shipping from China is dirt cheap, but across the US is not.

I saw same panels listed elsewhere, pallet of 36 for $0.22/W plus shipping.

Also on the California CEC website, which is what I checked before ordering.

The ones I got from Inxeption have Stabuli Evo 2 connectors

Many documents gathered under the "attachments" tab of this page:

I thought probably I would need extension cables and RSD with matching Evo 2 connectors. Can't find anything on Stabuli website one way or the other, but here are documents from a 3rd party saying they are allowed to mate with the original.

I wish we had it from the horse's mouth.
I think this is what I'm looking for TUV certificate

"PV-KST4 pluggable with ... PV-ADBP4-S2-UR" meaning the new EVO-2 MC4 is listed to mate with the original MC4

Connectors worked fine with some other MC4 connectors I had.
I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the Evo 2 with the standard MC4 tool.
Definitely seems to be a better connection with the Evo 2.

Hey @42OhmsPA - just how long are they? I’m considering getting a batch of these…
I can measure them tomorrow. Around an arms length and a couple inches short for skip wiring.
There is definitely ample wire for normal wiring.
I attached a bad photo that you can kinda get an idea by zooming in on the thumbnail. (it's all I could find)

Attachments

• img_thermal_1702741839148.jpg
    img_thermal_1702741839148.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
I got my 370W NE Solar panels scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Will post pictures.
Nice!

I lot of us bought pallets of them when inxception sold them. I haven't used them yet, but I'm planning out my next phase!

Anymore smoking deals like this someone has stumbled across? Considering a pallet purchase price is .17/w anything under .20/w gets my attention.

Anymore smoking deals like this someone has stumbled across? Considering a pallet purchase price is .17/w anything under .20/w gets my attention.

https://inxeption.com/flash-sales/energy is usually the lowest price with the flash sales, 22 cents a watt is the current lowest price, keep in mind this includes shipping to a local terminal, so with that included its in your target price when compare to anyone else

Back