diy solar

diy solar

Not Scam websites

Jim1033

( please see bottom for major update!!!) I am very interested in getting a sol ark 15k inverter. It seems to be $6999 most sites. A few site keep popping up with lower prices. As low as $6200 they all look ok other than no real reviews and no way to really get ahold of them and and and… a couple almost seem legit and one even has an ok review on here. Not sure if I should say the site… how do I really know if it is legit. Besides paying full price… lol…. $500 off would be nice. The one site has with discount code the $500 off. But they have had 4 in stock for several weeks. Is everyone smart enough to not fall for it or no one interested in the solark 15k or is it a scam that they just take people for a ride. I think I know the answers. Is there a reputable site I can go to that has free shipping and no credit card fees? Thanks,

Last edited:
Go to Current Connected.

They will charge you an additional 3rd-party fee for shipping insurance.
Because in their experience, the carriers don't honor their own shipping insurance. But the 3rd party does.

See what people on the forum have to say about Current Connected and owner✔️ (CTO) Dexter ( @HighTechLab )

Last edited:
I am trying to email and just signed up on the website. I did have a couple of questions and may want a little more stuff. Is there a good way to get ahold of you or someone there?

I am trying to email and just signed up on the website. I did have a couple of questions and may want a little more stuff. Is there a good way to get ahold of you or someone there?
Yes their telephone number is listed on their website.

Left a message. So not to change things but It has been a some months since I started looking. I know that EG4 has a similar inverter but is there anything else out there comparable? I really need the transfer switch so that is like $1200-$1500 right there.. Thanks for any help. Also the load shedding. I love the idea of the sol ark module if it ever comes out… anything else close to that?

Midnight's "The One" will be a similar wattage inverter. Given their reputation it is eagerly anticipated.
Current Connected will be carrying that, as already received one and torn it down.

What you need it to do is first order of business. Surge to start motors, etc.
There are HF all in ones, LF component systems which traditionally were more powerful. But some HF inverters these days are quite capable.
And then functionality like peak shaving and time shifting due to utility rate schedules.

Most of these have an internal DPST relay to disconnect from grid and supply downstream loads, normally aren't used with a transfer switch. But we recommend at least interlocked breakers to bypass them if they fail.

Left a message. So not to change things but It has been a some months since I started looking. I know that EG4 has a similar inverter but is there anything else out there comparable? I really need the transfer switch so that is like $1200-$1500 right there.. Thanks for any help. Also the load shedding. I love the idea of the sol ark module if it ever comes out… anything else close to that?
Nothing else in this same category that I have heard of that is planning on a Smartloads panel.
The two things that sets Sol-Ark apart from the others is the reliability of the system and the customer support.
My Sol-Ark has run Flawlessly for almost 3 years now. I literally just go into the electrical room once every two months just to dust off the equipment. Customer support is a big bonus. I can reach someone at Sol-Ark typically within a couple of minutes and they know what they are doing. I can also reach them at night and on Weekends.

Interesting on the midnite “the one”. It appears it only has 3 internal load shedding circuits (I might have read it wrong or it could do panels or something). I agree on the Sol Ark, from the first time I saw it I said finally something that can do it all right. The load shedding module would be that final icing on the cake. I am not sure what is holding it up. A year or so ago they said chip issues. I am wondering if they might have other issues holding it up ( thgirypoc.) read backwards lol Just a guess… thanks for all the info.

Last edited:
"We added one 30 amp, one 50 amp and one 60 amp circuit complete with breakers and programmable relays. This is actually six 120VAC or three 120/240VAC circuits or a combination of both depending on how they get configured on-site. It is up to you and your installer to decide what circuits to back up, so choose wisely. The goal is that these included programmable load shedding circuits will suffice for all but the most demanding home."

The nice part about the Midnite all-in-one is that nothing is stopping you from swapping out the 30A, 50A and60A din-rail mount breakers with, say, a 20A breaker to forego a secondary loadcenter for smart loads. That's pretty cool!

CurrentConnected Dexter was very, very helpful with an SOK issue. I stand corrected about Dexter having ownership.

Last edited:
Unless something has changed, he is not the owner, though.
According to this link, Dexter is one of the owners:

The other owner is Jarret Hei.

An update. I had to try the other site.i finally called them and someone answered. It seemed ok. Overall no bad reviews. Been in business for like 17 years. I am supposed to be getting it tomorrow UPS. It was $500 off, no credit card fees, no tax, and free shipping. That is probably$1200 to $1500 off. So I might end up with an empty box that says 15k or something but so far it seems ok. Will post when I get it and seller’s name if it all works out. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

So as I stated above I took the chance with that one company that seemed too good to be true. I am not 100 percent sure of the rules for recommending people that do not advertise here. BTW I did speak with Current connection and they were very nice and helpful but with there costs it was going to be over $1000 more. I am sure if you search you should find the other one that I went with. It starts with Stella*****. I received it today. It was in perfect condition. I will try to get it going at least to start up ASAP. The date on it was 8/23 so I assume it is pretty new. There are no signs of being opened or used. It had all the hardware. I am very very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpeg
    IMG_2124.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 16
You're free to give recommendations, praise, links.

You just aren't allowed to post a link that has "affiliate" information, e.g. to give you a commission.
And if you are affiliated with solar etc. company, you're supposed to disclose that as part of your user identity/blurb.

Good to know about the recommendations. Yes it is Stellavolta. I asked if it was used they said no that this was not the eBay stuff. I plan on testing it this week. Not a full setup but batteries as an ups. My other one was set that way. It will at least see if it is running.

Back