diy solar

diy solar

Second small system

highestbid

I put together the standard 3K mobile system using a EG4 3000. Everything went exactly as Will said it would. It has already helped pay for itself by keeping me connected to work during an extended power outage. It came with everything I needed, all the jumpers and cables and everything. Based on how easily that went I ordered a 6000XP to provide backup power to my outbuildings. In this case no battery cables were included. No worries I think, just be happy you got them 'free' last time and pop on SS and buy some. Except they do not sell cables that fit the 6000XP which needs rings on one end and ferrules on the other. Seemed off to me that they do not sell cables that work directly with their hottest selling inverter. I dont have the heavy equipment needed to cut and affix ferrules so I need to find a place that sells them pre made. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look. Yes I know I can google (and have) but I dont have the skill to tell a POS cable from a serviceable one and paying more doesnt assure you get more. I appreciate you help in advance.

I'd ask Current Connected
They sell the 6000XP.
They make cables to order (although I haven't seen an option for ferrules)
If they don't at this time they may decide to (very responsive to requests/inputs as they expand their offerings)

Last edited:
Or if you can get the details like ring size and length, post im the buy & sell section and see if anyone on here can whip you up a set. I'm sure there are more than a few folks here with the tools and parts on hand.

I'd ask Current Connected
They sell the 6000XP.
They make cables to order (although I haven't seen an option for ferrules)
If they don't at this time they may decide to (very responsive to requests/inputs as they expand their offerings)
sadly they dont carry a premade set that works between the 6000xp and an EG4 LifePower4 battery either. Everyone expects you to have all your own cramping tools. That is hard to do for very small scale newbies :(

sadly they dont carry a premade set that works between the 6000xp and an EG4 LifePower4 battery either. Everyone expects you to have all your own cramping tools. That is hard to do for very small scale newbies :(
the 6000XP which needs rings on one end and ferrules on the other
I'm surprised that neither SS or CC can not provide a battery cable for the 6000xp.
I'd have thunk if a speciality end was needed at the inverter they'd be able to supply one

I'll flag Dexter at CC to get a clarification
@HighTechLab

I think it may have been miscommunicated that the bateries were rack batteries instead of PowerPro. The EG4 rack batteries use ring terminals and so does the 6000xp. No ferrules needed. 5/16" ring terminals on both ends.

Back