diy solar

diy solar

Ferruel, which ones do I actually need and crimper

drps10

Never heard of using ferrules in wiring until doing this never ending research on solar. Now it's time to research ferrules and crimpers for purchase. I have been on ferrulesdirect and overwhelmed.

So, which ones are acctually needed? I would think 6 awg (I saw a fit kits offer this size) to 12 awg. Anything above that wouldn't be needed for solar. So do I need round, hex, square, etc...?? Then it is down to the tool.

So many damn options!
Let see what people actually have used or maybe a kit that comes with everything that is need..

I had good luck with https://a.co/d/ayuhp3Y from Amazon.
Thats a good recommendation.. I was on the other ferrulesdirrect and about to buy one of the smaller kids and tool and close to $100 for the 16 or so ferrules that I would use. I don't mind spending money on things I'll use/need, but most of the ones I'll never need so I'm trying to narrow down the actual needed sizes or shapes required.

The ferrule sizes and shapes you need depend on the size of your wires and what you are connecting to.

The ferrule sizes and shapes you need depend on the size of your wires and what you are connecting to.
interesting. I just assume round would work just fine with any connection. I know it depends on wire size. I would imagine there is a different shape that would work better in certain applications. Can't just go with round for everything?

Back