diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Someone have the the scheme to build a can bus cable for bms seplos and the inverter Voltronic Axpert MKS IV 5,6Kw?
This is the pinout for the Seplos:
1654696513845.png
You just need to find the pinout for your inverter and you should be set!

Someone have the the scheme to build a can bus cable for bms seplos and the inverter Voltronic Axpert MKS IV 5,6Kw?
are you sure your inverterbdoes support canbus.
i know most voltronics inverters have a dual identity rs485/canbus port, however canbus isnt enabled for any of them as far as i know

what is the diffrence between the 150 and 200amp seplos?
just the settings or are there diffrent parts?

what is the diffrence between the 150 and 200amp seplos?
just the settings or are there diffrent parts?
they are not the same price and are not rated for the same Amps. not same number of FET, not the same of terminal for BT B + and P+. terminal. Do you really expect them to be the same ;-)

they are not the same price and are not rated for the same Amps. not same number of FET, not the same of terminal for BT B + and P+. terminal. Do you really expect them to be the same ;-)
my 150amp model
same number of fets same terminals

i know that the 100amp has less terminals and fets but what is the diffrence between 150 and 200?

Attachments

• k-DSC02578.JPG
    k-DSC02578.JPG
    428.1 KB · Views: 71
yep almost identical with my 200A , I don't know if it is the same FET, can't read them ;-(

this is a RS485 model

Attachments

• 1654724900664.jpg
    1654724900664.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 1654724900673.jpg
    1654724900673.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 71
I asked Sol-Ark if they know if the communications with Seplos will work. Heres their response:

We do not have explicit CAN/RS485 comms with Seplos but we do have closed loop communication with Pylontech. Please note we do not offer support for comms with DIY batteries or batteries that are not on our list. To get closed loop comms, we work with the battery manufacturer to develop the protocol. The battery integration guide for Pylontech can be found at our website on the Support page.

Looks like an "idk". Lol

I asked Sol-Ark if they know if the communications with Seplos will work. Heres their response:

Looks like an "idk". Lol
Looks like "do whatever you want , we are not going to support anything not listed by us" fair enough. I think if you can afford sol-ark you should stick to their supported battery. At the same time they said we support pylon . So it may work with seplos since they have pylon emulation. But you are not going to get any support from sol ark with this configuration.

I have just built a battery cabinet with a Seplos BMS, powered up but I do not have a USB-485 interface yet. I understood that the Seplos shipped with the default Pylontech profile, but when connected to my Solis inverter, set to Pylontech battery it just reports Can-COMM fail. Same error in user defined battery mode.
Do I need to change settings in the Seplos software to make this work?
Hopefully the postman brings the interface soon…

I have just built a battery cabinet with a Seplos BMS, powered up but I do not have a USB-485 interface yet. I understood that the Seplos shipped with the default Pylontech profile, but when connected to my Solis inverter, set to Pylontech battery it just reports Can-COMM fail. Same error in user defined battery mode.
You probably need to build a specific CANBUS cable. you can't always use a standard straight/cross ethernet cable
seplos CAN port pins definition is CAN-L --> 4, CAN-H --> 5, GND --> 3,6. YOu need to get your inverter CAN port pin definition and wire the same pins name.

You need to calibrate your DIY battery to setup the capacity, or you can set it with their application and and usb/r485 cable.

It doesnt work with pylon for some reason, either chnage the inverter to default battery type, or change inverter to Aobo and change the BMS to Sofar

Thanks for the help, I can confirm that setting the BMS to Sofar and inverter to AoBo and it has magically sprung to life.

Next issue is that Solis cloud reports my daily energy usage and battery usage in the megawatts… does anyone else have this problem?

Back