diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Did you ever manage to access the Bluetooth? If I do a scan using my iPhone, it can’t find it.
yes, although i have to be pretty close to the boxes ( as in with 1m or so)
kind of makes sense as the box is a faraday cage block much of the signal

There are almost complete dimensions in the official documentation. I've used them to generate the CNC router project for the front plate.

Does anybody have firmware or the Seplos BMS that supports the heating functionality? I'm looking for both 10E and 10C.

I've made a custom external module that communicates to the battery over the RS485 port. It has heating functionality and exports telemetry data from the battery, but I would like to offload the heating functionality to the BMS.

Something that Andy found missing is easily achievable with the module - the ability to enable an active balancer when certain conditions are met. This is still experimental and not ready to be shared, but once completed I'll share here the GitHub project + the PCB project.

I have soldered the needed mosfet together with the fuse to my 10E. Everything else is already prepared in hw and sw. Just needed to enable it and set temp boundaries

Do you have heating options in the firmware? Cause mine 10E has no heating settings.

Can you share what settings are available for the heating?

Yes, i have this option. You have to use Battery Monitor V2.1.9.
See attached picture from the Manual

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 27
Hmm, I'll check again. IIRC these were not available in the settings.

I managed to connect to it via iPhone; you need to download

I found it only works if I’m no more than 2m away from the BMS
What's the trick to get past the login screen? I just get this ...

Attachments

• DDB8453E-C7FB-4555-935C-22E94B89E990.png
    DDB8453E-C7FB-4555-935C-22E94B89E990.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 12
Has anyone had any luck turning Single BMS 1.0C charging on? I've tried, but get the below error.

IMG_7403 2.JPG

I'm using battery monitor 2.1.9 and firmware 2.8.

I was worried a couple of strings were down one one of my arrays at first when one controller was pulling over 4KW and he other 1KW.

Has anyone had any luck turning Single BMS 1.0C charging on? I've tried, but get the below error.

View attachment 139977

I'm using battery monitor 2.1.9 and firmware 2.8.

I was worried a couple of strings were down one one of my arrays at first when one controller was pulling over 4KW and he other 1KW.
what this actually does:

in a single battery this setting sets the max charge setting in the inverter through canbus to .5 c -10 amps.
flipping this switch will allow charging to the max of the bms rating, so make sure your cells can handle that.

sometimes you need to restart the bms bluetooth app as i find it not always too stable.
using pc software 1.9 it shouldnt be an issue

I have found the Android phone app to be more reliable with changing settings than the PC software, almost everytime I want to change something in the PC Software I get errors, where as the phone app is 90-95% consistent, and usually if I just change settings 1 at a time, it always works.

what this actually does:

in a single battery this setting sets the max charge setting in the inverter through canbus to .5 c -10 amps.
flipping this switch will allow charging to the max of the bms rating, so make sure your cells can handle that.

sometimes you need to restart the bms bluetooth app as i find it not always too stable.
using pc software 1.9 it shouldnt be an issue

Thanks. I'm reading my way through the thread trying to get up to speed. I don't have bluetooth unfortunately, stuck with RS485.

As someone suggested around page 47 I was planning to set my overcurrent protection to around 160A. However after some reading I see recommended charge rate is 0.5C, for 280AH batteries that should be 140A right?

I'll contact Seplos for some advice.

Last edited:
I have found the Android phone app to be more reliable with changing settings than the PC software, almost everytime I want to change something in the PC Software I get errors, where as the phone app is 90-95% consistent, and usually if I just change settings 1 at a time, it always works.
it really depends on the usb to rs485 adapter you're using, and especially if it has grounding...

the cheaper CHXXX based adapters in general dont have a grounding connecting, and i went through 3 before i finally found a stable alternative

it really depends on the usb to rs485 adapter you're using, and especially if it has grounding...

the cheaper CHXXX based adapters in general dont have a grounding connecting, and i went through 3 before i finally found a stable alternative
Which one did you finally settle on?

Back