diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

The v3 connects only to the negative side of the battery and there is a small screw terminal on the bms for a positive feed (B+)

The positive from the battery feeds directly via fuse to the invertorIMG_20240114_161240_743.jpg

The v3 connects only to the negative side of the battery and there is a small screw terminal on the bms for a positive feed (B+)

The positive from the battery feeds directly via fuse to the invertorView attachment 189046
Thanks Neil, do you have a picture at all showing the busbars connected to the board ?

These are the busbars that came with it.
Radio silence from Seplos so far. ?
And awaiting a reply from Frogstar.

IMG_20240115_090918_488.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the busbars don't look quite the same as v2 apart from SF-N5.
And there's only 4 whereas v2 has 5 as far as I can see.

So N2 goes from B1 to battery neg looking at the BMS it will go to the left and up

N3 will go to the left side of the fuse from P-

N5 from fuse to Neg outpout

N7 from battery to poss output

PS the neg / positive outputs are the other way round to V2

Thanks for taking the time Neil, much appreciated, but that doesn't look right either.
N2 won't reach the battery from there and N3/N5 wouldn't fit either .
I'm not convinced I even have the correct busbars.

IMG_20240115_103448_122.jpg

Actually Neil, that's beginning to make more sense and I think you could be right.
I'll maybe hang fire till I get a reply from Frogstar or Seplos though for some official instructions.
Don't want to end up with a £2k brick. ?

Last edited:
N2 (B1) goes the other way (points to the right
sorry
I'll have a go at connecting the busbars this afternoon without connecting up to the battery to see if they fit.
Do you reckon then that nothing actually connects to the small B+ screw ?
Or is it maybe something to do with the active balance board ?

IMG_20240114_161240_743.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have a go at connecting the busbars this afternoon without connecting up to the battery to see if they fit.
Do you reckon then that nothing actually connects to the small B+ screw ?
Or is it maybe something to do with the active balance board ?

View attachment 189066
this is the positive supply to the BMS as the other main leads are only negative

should have a short red lead with a large round terminal on one end and a small on the other this connects to the positive on the batteries

this is the positive supply to the BMS as the other main leads are only negative

should have a short red lead with a large round terminal on one end and a small on the other this connects to the positive on the batteries
Yes, there is. About 48cm long. ?
So presumably, the BMS negative supply goes to B- via the busbars ?
Therefore P- is power negative and B- is battery negative ?

Back