diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Nice ! Plenty storage there.
I noticed on the Seplos site, the bms board I have is type B but no instructions for it. ??‍♂️
Type B is just the board format

Eg rs485, can plus light all on the BMS

You can get rs485,can and lights on a separate single board

Or sr485, can on one board and lights on another

Ps sent you a pm

Just got a reply from Seplos with the manual for my board.
Neil H, you were spot on mate (never doubted you for a second, lol). Thank you so much for your help. ?
Here it is if anyone needs it .....

Attachments

• v3 type B.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
RE: MPP Solar/ Voltronic / Axpert King Inverter cable to -> Selpos 48V 200A BMS RS485

Sorry in advance but im stuck - I looked at the manual, but no matter what pins I try the inverter always fails with warning 61 (cant communicate with battery)

Steps taken: Set single battery pack DIP adress switches so 1 is set to 'ON' > Set inverter under option 5 to Pylon and confirm. Reboot Battery and then reboot inverter. Nothing - after 3 mins beeping error 61 to say no comms with battery.

Method : I have a RJ45 network cable I cut the end off and connected a special Rj45 cable with screw pins so I can easily change the wires around for pin out testing. I tested the pins once connected with multimeter to make sure pin out is as expected.

However ....

Page 31 of the Selpos Manual shows:
View attachment 103536
Does this mean 1/2 OR 8/7 pin pairs can be used? ( I have tried these both)

But then also in another Selpos Manual I can see:

I think RM485 is used for battery to battery comms is that right?
View attachment 103537

At the inverter end...
Axpert King / MMP Solar /
Reading online seems to show pins 5 and 4 are RS485A/B

View attachment 103538

So I tried the following:
Inverter 5/4 > 2/1 BMS
5/4 > 7/8 BMS
5/4/6 > 2/1/3 BMS
5/4/6 > 7/8/6 BMS
I then reboot all and set option 5 for battery in inverter to Pylontech - but all result in error 61 - no battery comms.

Also tried 4/5 , and BMS 1/2 , 8/7 (back to front) All get error code 61

Any ideas?
Hi, did you manage to work out how to connect your inverter to the seplos? I'm in the same situation.

To update again I installed the board minus the connector daughter PCB. The firmware installed is missing all the protocols except Pylontech which worries me somewhat as I was hoping not to risk another FW upgrade. Won't do anything until I have received the daughter PCB.
The saga continues. The daughter PCB turned up and as I suspected won't connect to either the inverter or the PC. Furthermore the BMS is not switching on properly so there is not any Voltage across the P+ and P- pins (hence can't switch the invertor on)

Think it is a FW problem again given my comment above. Back to Fogstar again. Getting rather annoyed by this.

Other option is to send the original BMS to Seplos to reflash with the latest FW, will also do this but will then have to wait out Chinese NY etc.

The saga continues. The daughter PCB turned up and as I suspected won't connect to either the inverter or the PC. Furthermore the BMS is not switching on properly so there is not any Voltage across the P+ and P- pins (hence can't switch the invertor on)

Think it is a FW problem again given my comment above. Back to Fogstar again. Getting rather annoyed by this.

Other option is to send the original BMS to Seplos to reflash with the latest FW, will also do this but will then have to wait out Chinese NY etc.
Did you fit the cable between B+ and the battery?

Hello, I have a Seplos 10E which I’ve so far only connected to a Sofar inverter to charge at night and discharge during the day.
I’ve recently added two solar panels and a Victron solar charge controller by introducing two busbars between the battery and the inverter.
The solar production rarely exceeds the demand of the inverter, but when that does happen I expect to see current flowing into the battery. However, when the difference between the solar current and the inverter current is small, the bms current shows 0A. Is there a minimum current that the bms needs to ‘detect’ before it allows the charge or is it simply not showing it even if it’s there?

Attachments

• IMG_5408.png
    IMG_5408.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5410.png
    IMG_5410.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5409.png
    IMG_5409.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
Hello, I have a Seplos 10E which I’ve so far only connected to a Sofar inverter to charge at night and discharge during the day.
I’ve recently added two solar panels and a Victron solar charge controller by introducing two busbars between the battery and the inverter.
The solar production rarely exceeds the demand of the inverter, but when that does happen I expect to see current flowing into the battery. However, when the difference between the solar current and the inverter current is small, the bms current shows 0A. Is there a minimum current that the bms needs to ‘detect’ before it allows the charge or is it simply not showing it even if it’s there?
Minimum is .8 amps , official doc say 1 amp, but that was what my testing showed

I’m asking quite a lot of questions at the moment so apologies for that. IMG_5370.jpeg

My battery capacity is only showing as 200.00 Ah. Should this not be higher? I thought it would be 280. Also thought the BMS would auto detect this.

Battery has only been charged a couple of times so far so wondered if it takes a few days to adjust the capacity or if it should do it straight away.

It’s the Seplos Mason with BMS 2.0

I’m asking quite a lot of questions at the moment so apologies for that. View attachment 198738

My battery capacity is only showing as 200.00 Ah. Should this not be higher? I thought it would be 280. Also thought the BMS would auto detect this.

Battery has only been charged a couple of times so far so wondered if it takes a few days to adjust the capacity or if it should do it straight away.

It’s the Seplos Mason with BMS 2.0
in order to detect this , you will need to do a full charge , until cutoff, and a full discharge until cutoff.
if you follow the instructions i left you on facebook, you can also set this manually in either the management software ( if you don't click on pack 1 ;-) ) or through the bluetooth software under capacity

Thank you :)

I’ve managed to change it to 280 using the IPhone app :) the battery has charged and discharged fully a couple of times so I’m not sure why it didn’t adjust automatically.

The iPhone app was much easier to use and connected via Bluetooth quickly.

Hello, I recently bought a hybrid tensite inverter, or also from the Aiswei or Solplanet brand. and I also bought batteries with bms seplos, I configure the inverter to read pylontech can bus and the seplos in pylontech, and I am unable to make it work, the inverter when stopped reads the inverter information, percentage, temperature... but when I try to start, there is a communication error, any ideas? I have taken information from the can bus with an analyzer, but I don't know how to interpret it much, I am waiting for Seplos' response. I leave the Logic 2 raw in case anyone wants to look at it

Back