diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Mine seems shorted. I get a continuity beep both ways. On other diodes I register a reading one way and open the other. It's a bit tricky with the epoxy covering, you have to pierce it with the multimeter needles to get a proper reading.

Would you know the date range? I just received 2 new ones but the manufacture date looks to be 210506 !!
The date does not realy mater. I have received 6 and all of them were manufactured before August 2021. But I can see that the problematic diode was replaced.
1645798112779.png

Attachments

• 15262-126613889-396279451786280-1318025837473721659-n.jpg
    15262-126613889-396279451786280-1318025837473721659-n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 24626-20211010-162402.jpg
    24626-20211010-162402.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
seplos support a compatible pylontech canbus protocol, use by most inverter with canbus protocole, they also have specific protocole for growatt and other. just call them for confirmation.
As in call Seplos?

I’ve been running the 200 amp 48v for maybe 6 months now with zero issues, until today. All the light went out, nothing in the screen, no power coming through. Seems totally dead. The most power I ever put through it was maybe 50 amps and had nothing running today when it died. Is there anything I can try other than hit the reset button???

I’ve been running the 200 amp 48v for maybe 6 months now with zero issues, until today. All the light went out, nothing in the screen, no power coming through. Seems totally dead. The most power I ever put through it was maybe 50 amps and had nothing running today when it died. Is there anything I can try other than hit the reset button???
Which brand ? Seplos has a defective rectifier on there bms that they are changing out under warrant

unfortunatly the seplos bms only supports pylontech over canbus ( untill they update their firmware)
the rs485 is only meant for pc connections and their management software.

the voltronic's/mpp solar pylontech protocol only uses the rs485 port, while their bms port is a dual canbus/rs485 , they have disabled the canbus part on it, and as they stated, the canbus status so far is "reserved"

i've asked my supplier to push voltronic a bit the enable the canbus, but supplier had little hope he would be able to get it done.

at the same time , i have been pushing seplos to update their firmware to support the pylontech over one of the rs485 ports, but thus far i havent seen any movement.

as i suggested to @Sanwizard in a pm, it might help if more people start pushing seplos to do so , as i believe it will be easier to get seplos to move rather than voltronic/mpp-solar
i also believe the change would be smaller for seplos to do so in their firmware, since they have both canbus and rs485 active already
I just got a FW from them but not doing a thing before they tell me what it does

Is anyone by chance using a Seplos BMS (or 2) with Phocos Any-Grid inverters?
Phocos is compatible with Pylontech so I'm hoping it'll work with the Seplos.

https://www.phocos.com/wp-content/u...ttings-for-Pylontech-Batteries_2021-05-07.pdf

edit: I found on the Seplos web site that the BMS is compatible with the Phocos Any-Grid, however I'm confused, is there a different Seplos board that is RS485 instead of CANBUS? Or can the board be configured to communicate either RS485 or CANBUS from the single CAN port.

The Seplos site says this:

Now our RS485 communication board supports these brands of inverters,The BMS with RS485 communication has a built-in RS485 protocol, please confirm with the salesman before buying what you need is that one RS485 protocol:

The default is the Pylontech RS485 protocol
Voitronic
Phocos
Growatt

Last edited:
Is anyone by chance using a Seplos BMS (or 2) with Phocos Any-Grid inverters?
Phocos is compatible with Pylontech so I'm hoping it'll work with the Seplos.

https://www.phocos.com/wp-content/u...ttings-for-Pylontech-Batteries_2021-05-07.pdf

edit: I found on the Seplos web site that the BMS is compatible with the Phocos Any-Grid, however I'm confused, is there a different Seplos board that is RS485 instead of CANBUS? Or can the board be configured to communicate either RS485 or CANBUS from the single CAN port.

The Seplos site says this:

Now our RS485 communication board supports these brands of inverters,The BMS with RS485 communication has a built-in RS485 protocol, please confirm with the salesman before buying what you need is that one RS485 protocol:

The default is the Pylontech RS485 protocol
Voitronic
Phocos
Growatt
Ask Seplos if there is a RS485-Version available.
I had a question about the BUS-Connection and they asked me what version i have: Canbus or RS485...

Ask Seplos if there is a RS485-Version available.
I had a question about the BUS-Connection and they asked me what version i have: Canbus or RS485...
Seplos can use can or rs485. Just a different configuration for the cable. Same port. It’s labelled can/rs485

Back