diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

For seplos port, you have to count backwards.
Based on the way you view the plug, I can't see that I have it wrong? What sucks is they don't specify if you are looking at the inside of the plug, or the end of it? Im assuming I'm looking at the inside.

Based on the way you view the plug, I can't see that I have it wrong? What sucks is they don't specify if you are looking at the inside of the plug, or the end of it? Im assuming I'm looking at the inside.
You can't connect then it mean you are not correct. Let's try agian, and count backwards at port seplos

You can't connect then it mean you are not correct. Let's try agian, and count backwards at port seplos
Ok, so pin 4, 5, and 6, counted backwards from originally.

Seplos plug on the left, SA on the right.

20221103_190731.jpg

Still no luck. When I activate the Lithium Batt checkbox, and set it to 00. It enabled a new tab for lithium battery info, but its all just 0's. No info. On the front screen there is just a " ! " with a triangle around it, saying there is an error. I even went as far as shutting the Sol-Ark down completely, and shutting down the BMS with the reset button, then powering them both back up, and still nothing.

I am still having a hard time with the comms from Seplos to SolArk, and I'm starting to think its because of the RS485 BMS I have.

Seplos doesn't seem to think that it is a problem, and the firmware flash I put onto it is why I cannot change the communication protocols in the Battery Monitor software, it is locked to the Deye comm protocol now.
For RS485 Seplos BMS (which I understand your have), I also experienced you cannot change the protocol in the PC BMS monitor application.

As from the SolArk manual (see below), have you tried the protocol 02.
I would also try using pins 1/2 on the inverter instead of pins 7/8
Also try swapping pin 4 and 5 on the BMS side

1667551356172.png

Last edited:
For RS485 Seplos BMS (which I understand your have), I also experienced you cannot change the protocol in the PC BMS monitor application.

As from the SolArk manual (see below), have you tried the protocol 02.
Also instead of using pins 7/8 on the inverter use pins 1/2
I would also try using pins 1/2 on the inverter instead of pins 7/8
Also try swapping pin 4 and 5 on the BMS side

View attachment 119080
I have tried protocol 02 before, I've actually tried every protocol each time I make a change to the pinout. Just because, I have tried 02 again, and still no luck.

I swapped pin 7 and 8 to 1 and 2 and tried again. No luck.

I swapped pin 4 and 5 on the BMS side. No luck.

I have tried protocol 02 before, I've actually tried every protocol each time I make a change to the pinout. Just because, I have tried 02 again, and still no luck.

I swapped pin 7 and 8 to 1 and 2 and tried again. No luck.

I swapped pin 4 and 5 on the BMS side. No luck.
@Lt.Dan, apologies for asking again if you already confirmed it somewhere else, but are you sure you have a RS485 model, indicated by 10D as below? IMG-20221005-WA0003.jpg

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I managed to get the RS485 version (marked as 10D Model) of the BMS going with our Sunsynk inverter after loading a new RS485 firmware version (see attached not for CAN Version) as received from Seplos support. As previously mentioned, they indicated I don't have to set the RS485 Protocol from the Battery monitor PC application. As I only have one BMS, all DIP switches are off.

Cable pinouts used:
BMS RS485 (called CAN) <-> Sunsynk Inverter RS485:
4 <-> 2 (or 7)
5 <-> 1 (or 8)

Sunsynk is set to RS485 and Protocol 12 (for Pylontech)
@Lt.Dan , see this post with the firmware I received from Seplos support and used successfully for the RS485 BMS version. This firmware ensures the BMS acts for the inverter like a RS485 Pylontech battery.

@Lt.Dan , see this post with the firmware I received from Seplos support and used successfully for the RS485 BMS version. This firmware ensures the BMS acts for the inverter like a RS485 Pylontech battery.
@deonbez that is coincidentally the same firmware they gave me! Or at least it has the exact same file name.

Well in my process of attempting to get the communication to work, I set the display screen down on the metal case of the battery (hindsight), and it somehow shorted out the BMS and let out the mystery smoke. This happened on Nov 4th, and I didn't post about it because I wanted to get Seplos' response first.

20221029_134105.jpg

There is 3 components that are totally toasted that I can see. What a bummer. So I sent them an email on the 6th asking if there was any warranty on this, or anything. No response. I sent another email just to follow up if they got my email on the 9th and no response still.

Does anybody know of someone else I can talk to? I have been dealing with Alan the Postsale Engineer, and maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree?

Thankfully I purchased 2 BMS's, so I was able to swap in my 2nd and was up and running in no time.

Good day, dear forum members!
I, too, was plagued by the problem of Diode D4. It took me a whole month to find a replacement for this diode and replace it.
I also ordered another new BMS from Seplos at the same time.
I received it yesterday too.
I compared it visually - they are different boards in layout, components and markings.
I understand the capabilities are different as well. This board can now do both CAN and RS485 at the same time.
The board marking is now 10E.
Has anyone already had experience with these new boards?
Is there any documentation?
Will the software from the old board, the adapter, and the LCD panel fit the new board?
I made a request to the reseller, waiting for an answer.
Before I do something stupid the first time I connect :) I would like some answers to my questions before connecting.

I will answer my own questions :)
Alan from after-sales support sent me the answers to my questions.
1. the stubs to the battery cells are interchangeable, which is not surprising.
2. The LCD panel will also fit the old BMS version 10C.
BT is built into the new version of the panel, which is 004. But I don't need it at all.
3. The software of the new version, 2.1.9.
It can be used together with the old version of the BMS.
4. There is a new user manual. And a new manual for Battery Monitor 2.1.9.
How to post on the forum, in the instructions section, I do not know.
Alan answers quickly and will send if anyone asks for it.

P.S. Uploaded to resources.

Last edited:
Well in my process of attempting to get the communication to work, I set the display screen down on the metal case of the battery (hindsight), and it somehow shorted out the BMS and let out the mystery smoke. This happened on Nov 4th, and I didn't post about it because I wanted to get Seplos' response first.

View attachment 120258

There is 3 components that are totally toasted that I can see. What a bummer. So I sent them an email on the 6th asking if there was any warranty on this, or anything. No response. I sent another email just to follow up if they got my email on the 9th and no response still.

Does anybody know of someone else I can talk to? I have been dealing with Alan the Postsale Engineer, and maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree?

Thankfully I purchased 2 BMS's, so I was able to swap in my 2nd and was up and running in no time.
Well, that's a shame, isn't it? One awkward move and the board could be thrown in the trash.
Your way to Seplos for a new Model 10E board.

Still no response from Seplos. Alan finally got back to me a couple weeks ago after I emailed support direct, but his response was to "Contact your salesmen, we can't help you, we're just engineers" So i've emailed Adam twice now, no response. Today I reached out direct through Alibaba. We'll see...

Why is this so hard?

Still no response from Seplos. Alan finally got back to me a couple weeks ago after I emailed support direct, but his response was to "Contact your salesmen, we can't help you, we're just engineers" So i've emailed Adam twice now, no response. Today I reached out direct through Alibaba. We'll see...

Why is this so hard?
i guess chinese covid lockdowns are still fully on..

Hi, found this site whilst searching for a BMS to complete my home battery build. It's made up of 16 x 304aH EVE cells and i'll be running it through a LuxPower 3600ACS inverter. My question is, which is the best version to get, Can or RS485? My inverter appears to support both.

Hi, found this site whilst searching for a BMS to complete my home battery build. It's made up of 16 x 304aH EVE cells and i'll be running it through a LuxPower 3600ACS inverter. My question is, which is the best version to get, Can or RS485? My inverter appears to support both.
their new ( and the only one new available) is the 10E version, which supports both rs485 and CANBUS on the same interface

Back