diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

I have found if you have any DIP switches in the "ON" position, it won't connect to the app. Check that the BMS you are connecting to has them all turned off.

I did a full discharge yesterday. Capacity reset to 226Ah but this SOC number stayed at 100
Ah my bad, sorry didn't read it properly. I wouldn't manually reset an SOC personally. Unless I had some other means of measuring capacity like a smart shunt or similar.

Ah my bad, sorry didn't read it properly. I wouldn't manually reset an SOC personally. Unless I had some other means of measuring capacity like a smart shunt or similar.
I was just wondering what that setting does as it says 100Ah and it hasn't changed.

To my understanding, SOC is supposed to be the current State of Charge at that point in time. So if you know the battery is at 50%, but its reading 60%, then you can manually select 115ah to tell it.

I think the default value is 100ah, and does not update to reflect the actual SOC.

Just my thought. Idk if its true.

To my understanding, SOC is supposed to be the current State of Charge at that point in time. So if you know the battery is at 50%, but its reading 60%, then you can manually select 115ah to tell it.

I think the default value is 100ah, and does not update to reflect the actual SOC.

Just my thought. Idk if its true.
Thanks. I'll just leave it at 100Ah because SOC seems to be accurate

Is it OK to have the cell and total voltage alarm at 3.5V and 56V the same as the protection? Or should the alarm be slightly lower than the protection?
Also can I leave recovery voltages default or should they also be lowered?

Is it OK to have the cell and total voltage alarm at 3.5V and 56V the same as the protection? Or should the alarm be slightly lower than the protection?
Also can I leave recovery voltages default or should they also be lowered?
alarm should be below
alarm triggers a 10 amp charge throttle so your bms has a chance to balance your cells

Has anyone experienced this? My SOC was showing around 70% and was getting a good charge, no big loads. When all of a sudden my SOC drops to less than one percent and starts beeping with a "Remaining Capacity Protection Alarm"? Even though voltages all show it isn't at 1%?

IMG_7434.JPG

Also does anyone know how to stop the beeping? ? I've contacted Seplos but as it is Saturday evening right now I don't expect a response until Monday.

I had a similar event and found a bad (intermittent) connection on one of the bms sense wires.
I got lucky and happened to see the cell showing low voltage and upon wiggling the wire, found the bad connection. The sense wire had been extended to reach the terminal and I had done a poor soldering job.

Kid

I had a similar event and found a bad (intermittent) connection on one of the bms sense wires.
I got lucky and happened to see the cell showing low voltage and upon wiggling the wire, found the bad connection. The sense wire had been extended to reach the terminal and I had done a poor soldering job.

Kid

On a Seplos system?

My Cerbo showed an imbalance error too.
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 13.45.49.png

Back