diy solar

diy solar

Settings wrong on JK?

I’m actually curious how many people need to adjust the voltage calibration.

I accidentally adjusted it thinking it was the 100% SOC value so the units calibrates the SOC so I entered in 3.48*8, 27.84 and bam all my cells now read 3.48ish (per the display) but we’re still more like 3.30.

Seems very slippery of an adjustment that could cause more issues than it solves (for the under educated), I don’t believe my JBD had this feature.

I’ve got four JK’s and all were close enough for 98% of users except an OCD guy like me. I wanted it dead on figuring that the state of charge would be more accurate and it’s actually more accurate than the shunt. The shunt needs to hit full periodically so after a half dozen days of not getting there it drifts a bit. Only one JK didn’t need an adjustment to one of its two values, don’t remember which. I used 3 clamp meters + a shunt and used an average. I believe I used a steady 25 amps and verified when at zero it said zero.

I’ve got four JK’s and all were close enough for 98% of users except an OCD guy like me. I wanted it dead on figuring that the state of charge would be more accurate and it’s actually more accurate than the shunt. The shunt needs to hit full periodically so after a half dozen days of not getting there it drifts a bit. Only one JK didn’t need an adjustment to one of its two values, don’t remember which. I used 3 clamp meters + a shunt and used an average. I believe I used a steady 25 amps and verified when at zero it said zero.

Did you measure each individual cell and put the values in? Measure during charge or idle?
I'd have 160 cells to do

Did you measure each individual cell and put the values in? Measure during charge or idle?
I'd have 160 cells to do
Never messed with the individual cell resistance. If all your busses are good and balance leads then there’s no reason to mess with that. Stable voltage and charge current while “calibrating” volt or current is important and reliable instruments or just leave it alone.

The JK's calculate the individual cell resistances.
Setting the pack capacity, voltage and current calibration is required for the JK to work properly.

Charging from my 5A unit, jk reports 4.7. Fluke dc clamp 4.9-5. I've tried resetting to 5, but it doesn't seem to take. Not possible to calibrate to tenths?

Charging from my 5A unit, jk reports 4.7. Fluke dc clamp 4.9-5. I've tried resetting to 5, but it doesn't seem to take. Not possible to calibrate to tenths?
you should be able to set it including tenths,
if it doesn't "take" input the code (the JK's are either 000000 or 123456) and try again. I noticed it doesn't always prompt you for the pw, it will just refuse to allow any setting changes until you input the pass word.

Back