diy solar

diy solar

SHENZEN BASEN 280Ah, I received my first order

I am not 100% sure if the cells are hand matched or not but so far after top balancing them and as I am doing the capacity test of my 12V pack right now, so far from discharging from full and now down to 40% SOC, the difference between cells are about 13 ~ 15mV which is really good. I still have many hours to ge before finishing the capacity test of the 12V pack.

I just finished the capacity test of the my 12V Battery pack, the result is 278Ah.
I stop the test when cell # 1 (damaged cell from shipping) reach 2.61V, the other three cells still show about 2.85V, the CellMeter 8 shows about 200mv difference at this point, they were about 13 ~ 15 mV during the test until it gets close to the low cutoff point.
I am satisfied with the result, now I just have to wait for the replacement cell to show up.BASEN_battery_rec 12-30-2020_capacity test_12V pack.jpg

Last edited:
So I just finished recharging my battery that I ran the capacity test on, I pumped back in about 280Ah.
Hello Bud, thanks for the update, I am planning to order 16 cells 280ah, your capacity results are reassuring, would you be kind enough to share the exact link of the product you bought, the customer service person who handled your order and price ( only if you can ). I am a newbie in DIY battery systems and to Alibaba.

Hello Bud, thanks for the update, I am planning to order 16 cells 280ah, your capacity results are reassuring, would you be kind enough to share the exact link of the product you bought, the customer service person who handled your order and price ( only if you can ). I am a newbie in DIY battery systems and to Alibaba.
This is where I get them from: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/4pcs-3-2V-Lifepo4-batteries-prismatic_62555251991.html?
Gloria Luo is the person that I have contact with, scroll down the page then you will see the people you can contact with:
You can tell her S.Martin gives you her name.

Last edited:
Basen is gtg. Thanks for sharing your experience.
and holiday from 5th,Feb to 21th,Feb
just noone in company, but we still work online
Emily Peng from basen
so you can order now but it takes a wile and remember it is something like a black friday sales now over there...... only in the middle of the night
but see what ghostwriter6699 has to say on that one
but basen is the place to go
and go for Emily Peng.
else go to this place
Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)
she can weld studs on it and all the special things you need and is a forum member

Last edited:
I just received my order of 4 280ah batteries from SHENZEN BASEN today. The batteries look good but I haven't done any testing yet. My BMS should be here in a few days. The one think I noticed is that the little ovals on the top only one has blue around it. It came with a letter in it though that I found interesting and possibly concerning. What do you all think of this?

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 64
  • img_20210127_201254.105.jpg
    img_20210127_201254.105.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 62
I just received my order of 4 280ah batteries from SHENZEN BASEN today. The batteries look good but I haven't done any testing yet. My BMS should be here in a few days. The one think I noticed is that the little ovals on the top only one has blue around it. It came with a letter in it though that I found interesting and possibly concerning. What do you all think of this?
Who is your sale contact?

Last edited:
My limited understanding is if the cells didn't have the pvc covering they are grade b cells... now with that said they seem to be testing fine by users..and I ofcourse could be wrong

I just finish charging my # 4 cell from 3.274V to 3.56V at about 10A rate, it took 20 hours, and according to my power meter, I pump in 190A.
No cell bulging at all.
Holy smokes... I was wondering about this... Guess I am going to have to rent a hotel or something... I have 8 to charge... thats almost 7 days of just charging

The one with the blue ring around the outer vent cover looks like a CATL cell. The others are Lishen's. I don't know if it makes a difference with the quality of the cell if the manufacturer or the supplier wraps the cells with PVC wrap. The wrap is necessary to keep the cells from shorting because the aluminum shell is ve+ and if you read the Lishen spec sheet they make note of it as follows:

6.9 Don’t contact cans directly or with other conductive materails during the using process

Therefore I think it's a good idea to use an insulating material between the cells especially if used in a mobile environment, and if mounted in a metal fixture insulate the cells on all sides as well.

Who is your sale contact?
My contact is Gloria. I have another 4 on their way in the next couple weeks so we'll see what they're like. This is my first battery I'm building so I'm learning as I go.

I'm suspicious of the letter because why would the manufacturer not shrink wrap them unless they're grade B cells like @Acho_303 said? The manufacturer being too "busy" to do it sounds fishy to me. Makes me think that they are grade B cells and they're sending the letter about it trying to reassure me that they are Grade A cells. I've never done a capacity test but I'll have to see when I get my BMS here. Hopefully they honor their warranty in case things are not as they should be.

@Gazoo I plan on insulating between my cells and compressing them together. I read both ways on compressing, main reason why I want to do it is because these are going in my RV and I want things to stay put.

I got problem with BASEN, they sent me a damaged cell (was it damaged...have it been damaged in shipping, I dunno)

For this cell I paid 105$ (cell+shipping), and they want to refund 80$.
I do not know how is the law in the US, in Europe, seller is responsible and buyer got to lost 0 cents in the process if the item is damaged, not as described. (By process o mean sending back the item and be refunded, the send back shipping cost is also for the seller).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-28-17-15-31-606_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-28-17-15-31-606_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
@Gazoo I plan on insulating between my cells and compressing them together. I read both ways on compressing, main reason why I want to do it is because these are going in my RV and I want things to stay put.
Good. I may have been wrong about something. It could be the Lishen aluminum shell is ve- and the EVE cells are ve+. Not that it makes a difference regarding an insulator between cells.
I'm suspicious of the letter because why would the manufacturer not shrink wrap them unless they're grade B cells like @Acho_303 said?
I had a different supplier tell me the exact same thing with regards to the Lishen 202ah cells and the PVC wrap. I had paid for them and decided to back out of the deal because the IR readings they sent me of the cells were way over the place and I was immediately refunded. The cells had laser welded studs and the supplier told me the big differences with the IR readings could be because of the studs. I don't know if that's true and I wasn't willing to take the risk.

I recieved my batteries today and had the same letter in it... batteries looked good except one has a small dimple size dent... will test the voltage next

My contact is Gloria. I have another 4 on their way in the next couple weeks so we'll see what they're like. This is my first battery I'm building so I'm learning as I go.

I'm suspicious of the letter because why would the manufacturer not shrink wrap them unless they're grade B cells like @Acho_303 said? The manufacturer being too "busy" to do it sounds fishy to me. Makes me think that they are grade B cells and they're sending the letter about it trying to reassure me that they are Grade A cells. I've never done a capacity test but I'll have to see when I get my BMS here. Hopefully they honor their warranty in case things are not as they should be.

II also plan on using some foam between cells and I'm pretty sure they will handle cell deformation while still regaining their initial state after the release. I'm building a small test to evaluate the pressure needed by each 3 kind of foam I have before their deformation. The idea would be to have 5mm foam between each cells that would act like an air spring (they are closed cell foams) and while preventing low pressure disformation (I've read something like 6 pounds/inch^2 or m I wrong about those units), will accept higher pressure disformation like 15 pounds/square inch.
This way the tension on busbars could be greatly reduced.

Last edited:
I got problem with BASEN, they sent me a damaged cell (was it damaged...have it been damaged in shipping, I dunno)

For this cell I paid 105$ (cell+shipping), and they want to refund 80$.
I do not know how is the law in the US, in Europe, seller is responsible and buyer got to lost 0 cents in the process if the item is damaged, not as described. (By process o mean sending back the item and be refunded, the send back shipping cost is also for the seller).
How do you go about asking for refund when you buy form Alibaba?

Last edited:
How do you go about asking for refund when you buy form Alibaba?
You go in your order detail and there is a refund button.
My post seems weird here, I add it cause out of 17 cells i received 16 of a kind and one different. Just to add to the idea that they send what they got, it's not very... professional. (My feeling).

Back