diy solar

diy solar

Small ground mount

offgridaaron

This past weekend I made a folding ground mount system for my 2 100w panels. I know this is tiny and not very impressive, but I had fun building it and pretty happy with how it came out.

I got these two panels for free from a friend. The bolts, washers and nuts I had in my collection. The mount material is actually from an office cubical system, we moved offices about 8 years ago and when we moved we saved, and then eventually scrapped our old cubes. One of the employees saved the steel pieces that go between the cube's fabric panels, and gave me a bunch of them. I hack sawed 2 to size, otherwise I just kept them the size that they were. I left some space at the bottom for snow come winter. The only thing I paid for in the pic is the wire from the SCC to the panels.

Attachments

• panels off.png
    panels off.png
    738.9 KB · Views: 41
  • panels on.png
    panels on.png
    669.7 KB · Views: 40
They'll want some pins or weights for the wind , or wise you'll be looking for your solar panels on nextdoors yard next time it's windy lol

Thanks for the welcome Sky-HHI!

Thanks for the suggestion Sam! now that I'm away and its really windy and rainy I'm worried haha. I'll head up this weekend and add something, that is a great suggestion.

Back