diy solar

diy solar

SOK 100 Ah 48V Communication Cables

OzSolar

Whatever you did, that's what you planned.
Well this is embarrassing but it is my first time touching multiple server rack batteries.

I'm sure it's right in front of my nose but I can't find it in the manual on CC's website or any of the YouTube Videos on Current Connected' s channel. All I've found is the Sol-Ark will plug into the CAN port on the first battery and I'm not even 100% sure about that.

Can someone reply with a link with details or even a picture showing what ports the comm cables are connected to between the batteries?

Thank in advance!

Which Sol-Ark do you have?
Mine is the 15k and the master SOK is plugged into the inverter via CAN, the RS485A and RS485B are for adding more batteries to the network.
I'm using the RS232 for SolarAssistant (another monitoring tool)

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_133609.jpg
    IMG_20230114_133609.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 6
Well this is embarrassing but it is my first time touching multiple server rack batteries.

I'm sure it's right in front of my nose but I can't find it in the manual on CC's website or any of the YouTube Videos on Current Connected' s channel. All I've found is the Sol-Ark will plug into the CAN port on the first battery and I'm not even 100% sure about that.

Can someone reply with a link with details or even a picture showing what ports the comm cables are connected to between the batteries?

Thank in advance!

There you go!

Attachments

• IMG20221205122817.jpg
    IMG20221205122817.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 10
I'd try unplugging the CAN cable at the #1 battery then reset that battery (push and hold the reset button until all the lights come on, then hold a second longer). Reattach CAN cable while its rebooting, the battery won't shut down, if it is getting a signal from the inverter.

Are these the setting you're using in the inverter?

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_120000.jpg
    IMG_20220915_120000.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 6
Which Sol-Ark do you have?
Mine is the 15k and the master SOK is plugged into the inverter via CAN, the RS485A and RS485B are for adding more batteries to the network.
I'm using the RS232 for SolarAssistant (another monitoring tool)
Thanks! It's a 15. I've looked into Solar Assistant but my current plan is to see how well the SolArk stock software suites my needs before I go down that road.

Back