diy solar

diy solar

Sol Ark 12k Smart load reporting issue

mgdean

Wondering if any others are having issues with the Sol Ark 12k reporting out smart load correctly. Before I hooked up a 240v 1500 watt duel element electric water to the smart load Generator breaker. I hooked a 120v 1500 watt electric heater to a temporary outlet I ran off the gen breaker to see if it worked properly and to record the amount of energy consumed. I noticed the smart load would turn on and off like I programed it but showed 0 hz and only 3 to 4 watts while the heater was running. I contacted Sol Ark's help line, they updated to current firmware, but did not have an answer. After two weeks the consumption I tracked off my Sense energy monitor showed I had enough potential energy from my PV for a long enough period of time to hook up the water heater. I did this last night and today when I checked the unit displayed the correct wattage, but still 0 hz, just wanted to see if others have ran into his issue.
View attachment 134347 View attachment 134348

Looks like a firmware bug, doubt it will get fixed any time soon.

Realistically, the frequency is really there for generator input not for smart load so I would not worry about it showing zero. There is no way for the frequency to be different on the smart load than it is on the inverter load side. There can only be one source of frequency in your system that everything else derives their frequency from, they all have to be in sync.

When you're on generator input the frequency reading makes sense as the generator would be your frequency source. It cannot utilize the generator if the grid is on and connected.

That panel will show actual current data, so if the load is turned off I can see how it would show a reading of 4W due to noise/transients. To get the historical load reading you'd have to look online for the data.

Back