diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15K randomly disconnecting itself from the grid

Yes, the thought occurred to me that, in my similar situation, that there are voltage spikes on the grid wires that the Sol-Ark should be filtering out in it's voltage/frequency sensing hardware and software.
I think that field is set to 270 on my 12k. What did you set your to?

Yes, the thought occurred to me that, in my similar situation, that there are voltage spikes on the grid wires that the Sol-Ark should be filtering out in it's voltage/frequency sensing hardware and software.
I think that field is set to 270 on my 12k. What did you set your to?
I'm been changing mine around a bit. I first changed it to 275V to see if that was the issue. I've since lowered it to 262V.

I was told by Sol-Ark any excess AC coupled not used by load goes to grid. But I don’t sell back to grid…

I installed a solark 15k with 20kwh pytes batteries. I have dc PV. I do have solaredge ac coupled pv also, but this is on the grid side. Hence, it is neither load side nor generator input ac coupled. Functionally, the solark 15k does not see it.

After several rainy days, today was the first day that the solaredge generated up to 4.5kw DC. Could this be the cause of solark 15k disconnecting from the grid (which includes the solaredge? High voltage?

In any case, I called solark in Texas four times and left two voicemail messages. I emailed them twice and have not heard back in the past six hours. My batteries will deplete probably 2am or so, and I do not have any grid connect. I am away from home and I am wondering if I can simply adjust parameters through the powerview app. I did increase the grid voltage that is allowed. I also allowed lower frequency.

Do I have to physically switch the breaker? I will have to have my wife do that when she gets home. Fortunately I did have. A manual bypass Installed, so I can just have my wife flip the three way

I installed a solark 15k with 20kwh pytes batteries. I have dc PV. I do have solaredge ac coupled pv also, but this is on the grid side. Hence, it is neither load side nor generator input ac coupled. Functionally, the solark 15k does not see it.

After several rainy days, today was the first day that the solaredge generated up to 4.5kw DC. Could this be the cause of solark 15k disconnecting from the grid (which includes the solaredge? High voltage?
Don't have any real experience with Solaredge equipment so I don't know.
In any case, I called solark in Texas four times and left two voicemail messages. I emailed them twice and have not heard back in the past six hours.
Almost all there Staff are gone during Christmas/New Years week.
They keep a skeleton support crew on duty for support but it's not easy to get through.
My batteries will deplete probably 2am or so, and I do not have any grid connect. I am away from home and I am wondering if I can simply adjust parameters through the powerview app. I did increase the grid voltage that is allowed. I also allowed lower frequency.
Yes you could do that remotely but I think your wife will need to power off and power back on the Inverter manually. After you make the changes have her wait for 3-4 minutes and see if it self corrects, if not cycle the Inverter manually.
Do I have to physically switch the breaker? I will have to have my wife do that when she gets home. Fortunately I did have. A manual bypass Installed, so I can just have my wife flip the three way
I would have her bypass it and then if the Inverter comes back on normally have her switch back over.
Tell her to shutoff any heavy loads like the hot water heater etc. before switching back to the Inverter.
If everything is fine then turn them back on. If the Inverter is still out then just Bypass it until you can get back home. I prefer not changing grid settings remotely but it should work.

Don't have any real experience with Solaredge equipment so I don't know.

Almost all there Staff are gone during Christmas/New Years week.
They keep a skeleton support crew on duty for support but it's not easy to get through.

Yes you could do that remotely but I think your wife will need to power off and power back on the Inverter manually. After you make the changes have her wait for 3-4 minutes and see if it self corrects, if not cycle the Inverter manually.

I would have her bypass it and then if the Inverter comes back on normally have her switch back over.
Tell her to shutoff any heavy loads like the hot water heater etc. before switching back to the Inverter.
If everything is fine then turn them back on. If the Inverter is still out then just Bypass it until you can get back home. I prefer not changing grid settings remotely but it should work.
Thank you for this. I finally got through to Trevor at Solark who is alone and swamped it seems. He tried to fix it over the internet, but then he lost all power and all internet. He could not troubleshoot it completely. For example, he said he needs me there to test the frequency of the grid with a multimeter.

Hence, the home was out of power for several hours until my wife got home, and she switched the manual bypass. She said the solark inverter is still beeping, so I had her shut off dc and the on/off blue ring switch

At this point, I am just happy that she has power. I had her shut off the DC also. I will have to do some skiing and figure it out when I get back.

I am glad she has the power back.
My wife was very skeptical at first about going Solar, so any problems early after the installation would have made her more upset.

If cash allows it I would suggest that even after you solve the problem it would be wise to replace that manual transfer switch with an Automatic one.

Hello,
Does anyone on this forum have the same issue as me with the Sol-Ark 15K disconnecting itself from the grid at random?
It's usually for a very short time (30 sec) but creates many other issues.

Thanks
I have had the same issue. I went through months of tech support and they eventually sent me out a replacement. Turns out the replacement is used. I live off grid and tried three different generators and the inverter relay disconnects if any load is applied that causes any little shift in the power. It’s very annoying and the entire unit will go into fault mode if it keeps trying. I’m still having the same issue but can’t figure out what to do. Solark tech says the unit is working properly yet 3 separate generators all have the same issue? I tried a brand new 15kw Perkins diesel prime power generator, my original 9kw Perkins diesel prime power generator and a portable gas 12kw generator.
Any luck with yours yet?

diy solar

diy solar
Back