diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15K + SOK batteries = Weird SOC issue

I suppose I can just unplug the comms cable to accomplish this and let it sit at 57.6v for a while?

I'm right at 99% state of charge, but what has me confused now is the charge current limit of 47A rather than what I would expect closer to 300A, any ideas how it would come up with that number? Discharge of 285A looks correct, there are (3) SOK batteries connected to the Sol-Ark, but the 47A number seems, uh, odd?

View attachment 195343
It’s probably tail current.

Thus far things are going somewhat better, the two newest batteries are the least balanced haha! As soon as they start drawing down even 1% they end up pretty darn close, but at the top, look at this.

IMG_7805.png

I believe @marionw has done a lot of digging into the firmware iterations. Hoping they’ll chime in with potentially useful information

Edit. I see they’ve already contributed in here. I saw a separate post in Kenny’s thread this morning which made me think of it
SGP got back to me and requested pictures of the barcode off of each battery. Sent them the pictures and they responded that my batteries have the latest firmware. In other words the blew me off. If SOK is shipping batteries with newer firmware then I expect the SGP and Jakiper will also be shipping with updated firmware and no way to update batteries with older firmware. SGP did not respond as to how well their batteries with different firmware will integrate particularly in a closed loop configuration. Still trying to get answers..

I’m at a similar point. Dexter set me up with Jason at Current Connected, he sent me a PM early Friday morning. I responded immediately and have tagged him a couple times in this thread. I also sent another PM last night, haven’t heard anything back.

Just got SGP Reply:

Based on the battery serial number, you already have the updated software.
It's not a necessity for the battery with the latest firmware to need to be designated the “Master/Host” battery.

I am not necessarily buying it. Need to do further testing

Just got SGP Reply:

Based on the battery serial number, you already have the updated software.
It's not a necessity for the battery with the latest firmware to need to be designated the “Master/Host” battery.

I am not necessarily buying it. Need to do further testing
I can’t remember what the process is for re-addressing, obviously in could just flip dip switches, but don’t I need to restart the BMS or something to that effect? I can go try right now, but battery 3 will remain battery 3 haha

Don’t worry about your batteries being out of balance at the extreme top. That’s going to happen.

Have you actually measured the battery voltages? They must be disconnected internally to have such different voltages if they’re connected to the bus.

@Watts Happening Has this issue been fixed? Ie are all your parallel batteries now showing the same voltage? Did you ever measure with a multimeter?

Updates?

Looks like Elvis has left the building

Last edited:
Back