diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k will only invert 13k of DC PV to AC

Projection now? You have been exposed
It is always the same kind of easily rebuked stupid posts that @houseofancients makes.

The last one was his reply to a forum members link of Sol-Ark hiring people and him then stating that Sol-Ark does not hire engineers so how could they be designing Inverters. He failed to even look at the Link which had listed job vaccancies for two elecetronic engineers and one of them was an Analog Design system engineer (The Job description was litteraly, we are looking someone who can design Inverters)! When I pointed this out he disapeared into his hole again. This whack a mole game with him has been going on for over a year. He creates false negative claims about Sol-Ark at every opportunity he can get because he hates the company.

This post about me working for Sol-Ark is a new low even for him and it smacks of desperation!
I am still waiting for him to present some proof that I am DMing people and trying to sell them Sol-Ark Inverters or that I work for Sol-Ark.

Always the same 2-3 people
It was 3-4 people and I was one of those that was negative. I am also a free market guy and do not have a problem with someone creating value and making a profit. I am 30 days into my SolArk and it has already proven its value. Part of the value is the support staff and also the knowledge base on this forum. I came from seven years of Outback Power products and Outback also has a reputation for great support.

Last edited:
It was 3-4 people and I was one of those that was negative. I am also a free market guy and do not have a problem with someone creating value and making a profit. I am 30 days into my SolArk and it has already proven its value. Part of the value is the support staff and also the knowledge base on this forum. I came from seven years of Outback Power products and Outback also has a reputation for great support.
Well I’m glad you are happy with your decision that the most important part. If our Sol Ark 15 didn’t satisfy our needs I’d be the first to say so and there is definitely room for improvement in some areas. However it has functioned well and it meets all the criteria we had on our list. I appreciate your honesty and welcome aboard. If I can help please feel free to reach out anytime

Well of course the Inverter and SCC are two different boards the question is since the Inverter in the 12K has the ability to not only use the 9KW from the SCC and also use a 3KW of to produce 63Vdc and also blend any additional power it is not using from the 9KW into 63Vdc it implies that additional functionality must have been added.
I hope your not talking about the CPU board on the top because that and the display board are most likely identical.
As I said we can debate this endlessly and still will not know who is right unless we have schematics or high res pictures.

BTW I would also point out the fact that the 8KW cannot be paralleled with more Inverters while the 12K can be.
This is not correct. The 8Ks can be both parallelled and connected in 3-phase without issues.
Setup process is in the manuals.

And just to clarify, besides the grey paint job instead of white and printed colored "Sol Ark" logo on the front and the placement of the Wifi to the left side, they are completely identical.
Software is also exactly the same - there is so much videos out there that it is easy to see...

I don't know why the american customers don't rebell against the 2.5 markup...

Oh yeah, what was the other thing they try to promote: Made in the USA by handicapped veterans? Nope - Ningbo China.

I have a bridge I want to sell, line up ppl... :)

And just to clarify, besides the grey paint job instead of white and printed colored "Sol Ark" logo on the front and the placement of the Wifi to the left side, they are completely identical.
Software is also exactly the same - there is so much videos out there that it is easy to see...

Oh yeah, what was the other thing they try to promote: Made in the USA by handicapped veterans? Nope - Ningbo China.

This is been discussed before, it’s like beating a dead horse. Unless you’re off grid, most jurisdictions in the United States require UL listing for electrical equipment of this caliber. And California is even stricter.

Also, people pick companies like Sol-Ark because of US based customer service and support. One of the reasons people pay a premium for Apple products.

As in hiring a contractor, say for doing a roof. Go for the lowest bidder that also warrantees their work and in a few years when your roof leaks, they’ve already gone out of business.

Last edited:

Yeah I think you should go with the Deye it will be perfect for you (a fool and his money will soon be parted).

I don't know why the american customers don't rebell against the 2.5 markup.
You are sounding like I did during the past year. Then I looked at the features and prices of UL listed hybrid inverters and realized many are priced about the same. The new Outback Mojave is an example. I am now a happy SolArk user. I believe in free market economies. I got a great price from a local supplier and will take the 30% investment tax credit so what is there to rebel against? For what it is worth, I am rebeling against the $0.55/kWh rate my utility charges for electricity.

And it does split phase power plus the case is made out of much steel and a better design with IP water resistant ratings and it has built in breakers and much better wire connectors. Plus they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars having it tested and certified. It also comes with a real manual and circuit diagram for wiring it up in multiple configurations, Plus they offer 24/7 365 day Tech support and have hired over 40 knowledgeable people just to answers phone calls. Oh yeah and you actually have a 10 year warranty and 10 years of free support. Unlike the Deye which has 5 years but only if your in China.
The Firmware is not the Same, The one in the Deye is Sol-Arks original 8K firmware.
They no longer share firmware and Sol-Ark has had about 25 updates since then versus about four minor ones that Deye did.

You guys can't imagine how much enjoyment I get out of reading these back-and-forth threads. Plus I learn a lot. :)

Back