diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark - Inverter Monitoring

I do the same to connect my Orion BMS and Solar Assistant to my SolArk 12K. The type of "splitter" is important. In one description it was referred to as a Y connector.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say thank you for all of these resources on modbus and the Solark. I also wanted to post some code in case it's helpful to someone else reading this.

I'm not an HA user, and really just wanted to pull data and stuff it in influx so that's what I've done in the script attached here. I'm using this on a Solark-15k-P2-N. I unplugged the Wifi dongle and am using the RS232 port with a USB-RS232 serial adapter I got with my batteries from current connected. The script is running on an 64-bit Intel Linux box, and I have the libs installed at the system level ('cause I didn't feel like dealing with a virtual env). This also uses a newer (actually current) version of pymodbus than other code listed on this thread. The influxDB format approximately matches what my IotaWatt generates just for consistency for my use-case.

The exception handling on the influxDB side especially is kind of garbage and needs some work, but it's a start. Once I clean it up a bit more I'll probably stick it on my github.

Attachments

• solark_to_influx.py.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back