diy solar

diy solar

Solar advice for small set up in Hawaii off grid

Draper808

Hello,
I am completely new to Solar but I am determined to get the right setup for my tiny home needs. Hoping someone here can help me in the right direction. I live in a very very sunny place in Hawaii. I have a shipping container home on a trailer but am thinking of building a “power shed” to mount panels and house the rest of my small system.

I have been watching multiple popular YouTubers like Will Prowse and am very interested in the mppt all in one inverter setups. Soooo I went on amazon and bought one. I chose the eco-worthy 48v 3500w to start with. I’ve been researching other components and I’m feeling a bit confused.

I am thinking about getting 4-6 400w Trina panels through santan solar and a 48v battery from BigBattery.com to start with.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums!

The place to start is with an energy audit, see the link in my signature below. Once you know your power needs you'll know what size inverter, number of panels, and SCC size.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

The place to start is with an energy audit, see the link in my signature below. Once you know your power needs you'll know what size inverter, number of panels, and SCC size.
Thank you! Where can I find energy audit?

Thank you! Where can I find energy audit?
Blue text are hyperlinks...when you hover over a link a line will appear underneath it.

Back