diy solar

diy solar

Solar Tracker Design

Got a link to this sensor? Clouds changing the ideal angle was something I thought about, I'm just not sure how much difference it would make.

Same as other's mentioned earlier, park near horizontal.
I've got a wind sensor, when peak gusts exceed my threshold, it sets a time and stays flat for an extra 30 minutes after the wind calms down, in case it was just a short pause between the gusts.

Good thing I've never even seen pea sized hail here. We rarely get hail and when we do it's more like the size of grains of rice.
https://www.hukseflux.com/products/...n-sensors/pyranometers/sr30-m2-d1-pyranometer

These are what we use on the site for data feedback. Now these are expensive and meant for commercial operations like I have. We collect the date from several of these on site and some fancy algorithm determines the best angle. On a real clear night with a full moon the panels have reacted to the moon and my site has actually pushed out a couple KW, but considering I put out 180 MW on a sunny clear day it barely registers on our meters.

As for wind parking, we park ours at a 45 degree angle to the west. Some engineer who thinks he is really smart determined that using the panel as a ramp to cut wind speed down not only protects the row of panels, but also cuts down on the wind other rows behind the first see. Also at this angle my panel are supposedly capable of handling golf ball size hail and possibly even a couple baseball size pieces.

diy solar

diy solar
Back