diy solar

diy solar

SRNE MPPT programming for LiFePO4

MrBadger

is the correct place to pose questions about how to program my new SRNE 48v?

******HOW DO I LEARN WHAT EACH SETTING MEANS AND EXACTLY WHAT I AM TO PROGRAM IT TO?*******

I have:
Battery: Solar Lithium Battery Server Rack - LiFePO4 48V 100Ah (51.2V nominal) 5120Wh Smart BMS Rechargeable Lithium Iron Phosphate
All in One: SRNE 48V 3500W Inverter Charger - 4200w Solar Input (145Vdc) HFP4835U80-145
and 3 panels rated 340 watts set up in series.

I have a sub panel with 2 breakers at 120volts and I have NO A/C input. when the battery gets low I will charge it directly from a 10amp charger.
I haven't got a clue yet how to safely hook up any kind of A/C input into the SRNE..sounds like a nightmare for grounding issues and programming it to switch over from battery to AC input when battery gets low.

other questions...maybe belong on different thread but....

IS there a consensus what the best system on the market is right now for 1 to 3 kw hour/day.... around 4000watts max....
I hear 48 volt is best.....and if I only use approx 2kwhours a day then would 100 amp hour battery be enough (48v)?

is there a famously best inverter charger right now?

what about companies to buy these products from? currently I'm using solarpowerstore Canada. phone service is great...online not so good.
thank you kindly.

I’ll try again and simplify it maybe no replies cause too many words.

How do I learn what the settings are supposed to be in my all in one charge controller? SRNE 48v. The manual does not state them. Can’t find any videos or websites yet. Thank you

is the correct place to pose questions about how to program my new SRNE 48v?

******HOW DO I LEARN WHAT EACH SETTING MEANS AND EXACTLY WHAT I AM TO PROGRAM IT TO?*******

I have:
Battery: Solar Lithium Battery Server Rack - LiFePO4 48V 100Ah (51.2V nominal) 5120Wh Smart BMS Rechargeable Lithium Iron Phosphate
All in One: SRNE 48V 3500W Inverter Charger - 4200w Solar Input (145Vdc) HFP4835U80-145
and 3 panels rated 340 watts set up in series.

I have a sub panel with 2 breakers at 120volts and I have NO A/C input. when the battery gets low I will charge it directly from a 10amp charger.
I haven't got a clue yet how to safely hook up any kind of A/C input into the SRNE..sounds like a nightmare for grounding issues and programming it to switch over from battery to AC input when battery gets low.

other questions...maybe belong on different thread but....

IS there a consensus what the best system on the market is right now for 1 to 3 kw hour/day.... around 4000watts max....
I hear 48 volt is best.....and if I only use approx 2kwhours a day then would 100 amp hour battery be enough (48v)?

is there a famously best inverter charger right now?

what about companies to buy these products from? currently I'm using solarpowerstore Canada. phone service is great...online not so good.
thank you kindly.
Don't know what settings you need, but you should check your battery you listed. I purchased some of them recently and am retrofitting DC breakers and wiring in them to be 'safer' (I opened it up to check and didn't like what we found). Solarpowerstore supplied the replacement breakers and some wire for me.

Check if your breaker is an AC breaker ....

Don't know what settings you need, but you should check your battery you listed. I purchased some of them recently and am retrofitting DC breakers and wiring in them to be 'safer' (I opened it up to check and didn't like what we found). Solarpowerstore supplied the replacement breakers and some wire for me.

Check if your breaker is an AC breaker ....
how do i check if the battery has a dc or ac breaker? the breaker certainly functions....i switch it off and the battery stops sending power. does that mean its ok? i'm still clueless what how to set the parameters on the SRNE before i connect the panels.....

Did you get a manual with your AIO? It should cover all the settings. A lot of them have a default setting value and you need to change the ones to where you wish to operate at. Modes of operation control such things as which operation is prefered. Types of these are Util> Utility prefered but if lost transfers to inverter for AC out. SBU> Solar prefered than battery to supply inverter until Battery voltages or SOC from settings cause it to switch to AC bypass (AC pass through, invert not operating however it can charge battery depending on charge mode settings). SOL and maybe others.

It really is not difficult to wire the AC in. If working with electricity makes you uncomfortable and you are unsure about proper grounding and NG bonds it is best to get a electrician to do the setup.

BTW, Your manual should also cover battery types and appropriate settings.

Last edited:
The manual from the inverter should list the battery parameters. Parameter 8 is battery type, your battery type should be one of the three lf14;15;or 16 based on the battery you've purchased specifications. The table labeled "for lithium battery" has the defaults for those 3 battery types.

One of these should be close or match your battery basic settings. You can then use the defaults, check the battery specs and modify any of the choices that don't match.

Have you looked at these in your srne manual?

Hope this helps. I didn't read all about your battery

how do i check if the battery has a dc or ac breaker? the breaker certainly functions....i switch it off and the battery stops sending power. does that mean its ok? i'm still clueless what how to set the parameters on the SRNE before i connect the panels.....
An AC breaker has a 'sine' wave indication on the voltage marking. A DC breaker should have a straight line, with a dotted straight line marking.

See the attached picture where the AC marking is highlighted on this particular brand of breaker

For technical explanation of why this may be important I would refer you to a link I found https://www.geya.net/dc-mcb-and-ac-mcb/ The short version is 'The arc extinguishing point of DC MCB is higher.'

Attachments

• BreakerAC.jpg
    BreakerAC.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 7
thanks guys. i spent hours yesterday going through manual, trying to learn understand each setting.
I'm getting closer.
out of the 38 parameters to set...still clueless on a few...

i'll post seperate. sooo complicated. max charging current...

sooo complicated. max charging current...
The data sheet on your battery says max charging current is 100A. I would do as low and slow as your situation allows since it provides a better charge. I would set it high enough so that your battery(s) are charged about 3/4 of the way thru your solar day. Adjust from there as needs, seasons, weather and YOUR charging philosophy develops.

Next?

The data sheet on your battery says max charging current is 100A. I would do as low and slow as your situation allows since it provides a better charge. I would set it high enough so that your battery(s) are charged about 3/4 of the way thru your solar day. Adjust from there as needs, seasons, weather and YOUR charging philosophy develops.

Next?
i'm truly sorry. let me see if i understand your paragraph. i have a 100 amp hour battery so that means max charging current IS 100amps? but the SRNE setting 07 on page 40
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.srnesolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/HFP48-145-User-Manuel.pdf
is referring to the SRNE? or the battery? max charger current. and it says 80A is the default? does that have anything to do with the model SRNE being 80amp? does that mean the max amount of current that the SRNE is capable of flowing.....but where? how? pv in? or ac out? i don't understand what the number represents...so I can't be confident of the parameter unless I do...I do apologize..i'm a bit autistic.

i think i'm getting this...
but...not clear on:
setting [04] battery power to utility setpoint
[05] utility to battery power setpoint.
questions:
1. how to set up a generator safely. any information at all on A/C input for SRNE.

Last edited:
i have a 100 amp hour battery so that means max charging current IS 100amps?
I followed your product link and the link to the battery data sheet:

is referring to the SRNE? or the battery? max charger current. and it says 80A is the default?
Yes, your SRNE is capable of charging at 140A or 120A depending on your model.
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 11.10.00 AM.png

Hello, I have a problem srne 8kw I put the batteries in L16 (lithium) but setting #4 does not let me change. They are not connected to the communication cable. I can change the other parameters except #4. Has anyone of you had this problem and if so, how could you solve it? Thanks in advance.

Back