diy solar

diy solar

Stacking Two EG4 6 Space Battery Racks?

AnimalsBestFriend

Does anyone know if two EG4 6 space battery racks can be stacked. I would remove the wheels on both units or possibly just the top rack, so I have venting through the bottom. I'm trying to get a clean looking setup and have placed a call to EG4 support and waiting for a call back.

If this isn't possible, Can anyone suggest an alternative rack method where I could use 12 EG4 LifePower4 Batteries? I was considering wood and plain steel angle or aluminum angle. Would there be any grounding requirements or issues I need to concern myself with regarding the Busbars? It would be nice to get higher quality busbars and just sell my two EG4 cabinets. Thanks for any input!

I have seen a picture of it done. Will try to track it down.
Doesn’t mean it’s supported or recommended but physically possible lol

I did see ruixi offers a 10 battery rack. I am not sure if the dimensions are the same internally to fit eg4 batteries or not

Honestly, instead of stacking 2 EG4 6 battery racks, I'd get a standard "42u" 19" server rack, and move the busbars from the 2 racks into it. Then stack all of your batteries in there. I've given dozens of them away over the course of my career. Depending on your location, they can be found for anywhere from free, to a few hundred dollars. Just keep an eye out.

Back