diy solar

diy solar

Startup Multiplus II 2x 120v issues

With the Bluetooth dongle, you can change the inverter status -on,off, charger only, & inverter only. You can also change the input amps - from 50amps down to 7.5amps (I believe that’s the numbers).

If you have a Cerbo or other GX device attached you can make all those changes in the Cerbo.

The MK3 to USB is for initial programming of the unit - you could also make those changes there too.

Pass through mode will happen automatically when the unit is on. (And maybe in charger mode - I don’t remember this area because I never use it).

I turned down the charge settings to 15a ad the charger was still feeding about 60 an into the battery, I then charged it to 30a and it bumped up to 90a chargin. I then set it back to 15a and left it there. I’m will try the on off button on the app to see if the pass thru feature works.
I would like the able to turn it off while connected to shore power, and don’t need to charge the battery. ?

I turned down the charge settings to 15a ad the charger was still feeding about 60 an into the battery, I then charged it to 30a and it bumped up to 90a chargin. I then set it back to 15a and left it there. I’m will try the on off button on the app to see if the pass thru feature works.
I would like the able to turn it off while connected to shore power, and don’t need to charge the battery. ?

To make changes, the switch on the unit has to be on (invert) mode.

Did you turn down the input settings or the charger output settings?

15amps of input *120v = 1800w of power - conveyer that to 12v = 150amps of possible charging (the Multiplus maxed out at 120a).

I find if I drop the input to the lowest settings- 7.5 amps on my unit it does charge slowly (I also have some 120v loads too).

OP, take some time and tinker with the App.

Your multiplus probably isn't capable of exceeding the safe charging amps of lithium.

Don't worry about breaking anything. Just don't leave it on if you're unsure but definitely play around familiarize yourself with that app.?

Did you turn down the input settings or the charger output settings?

15amps of input *120v = 1800w of power - conveyer that to 12v = 150amps of possible charging (the Multiplus maxed out at 120a).

I find if I drop the input to the lowest settings- 7.5 amps on my unit it does charge slowly (I also have some 120v loads too).
Rocket, I changed the charger current input settings, thinking it was causing the tripping of my GFCI outlet, by over current. This was all I could adjust with the mobile app, it was set on 50 amps. I ordered the MK3 interface should be here in a few days, I can then make changes to the settings for the batteries etc. the rv was plugged into a GFCI outlet originally, and it would trip off the outlet soon as the multiplus switches over to charging mode. Thanks ?

So I have an update, I ran the multiplus and powered the trailer ac circuits the microwave powered up. All Outlets on I dont have a pass thru mode on this unit unless the multiplus is in charging mode then the ac is sent to the trailer panel. If I turn multiplus off there is no pass thru ac power to trailer. I can open the main battery disconnect while in charger mode and power the trailer ac panel.
The charger thinks it is charging the battery but the disconnect is open.
So what I don’t know is if I will damage the multiplus, if I run in charger mode with main disconnect off ?
I still need to set charging parameters in the multiplus once the mk3 interface arrives.

I don’t think you can make settings changes with the phone app or over Bluetooth. You need a Mark 3 to USB device and then a computer running Victron Connect (windows or Mac) or VE Config (windows only).
You can use the mk3-usb on the inverter and connect to your phone and use Victron Connect on your phone as well. I needed a USB C adapter for my phone.

I leave my Multiplus on 24/7-365, the only time it is off is the occasional maintenance session… and those time we overload it (like running a microwave & a hair dryer) then it’s off for 60 seconds and turns it turns back on. (Sometimes I think it says to me - let’s not do that again ok?).

We usually have it in “On” mode - sometimes “inverter only” - I have never used “charger only”.

Good Luck as your project continues…

Back