diy solar

diy solar

Stop multiplus from charging during the night

So here's the good news; the new update to version 506 has dropped the Float power consumption. I'm probably using the wrong words here but the bottom line is- the Multi now consumes 5w during float.

I can live with that.

The VE.Bus System Configurator is installed with VEConfigure3.

From https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

VE Configuration tools for VE.Bus Products

This package contains:
  • VEConfigure 3 (v9004236)
  • VE.Bus Quick Configure (v9010154) - For installations up to 3 Multis
  • VE.Bus System Configurator (v9009154) - For larger installations
  • VEFlash (v9005163) - Firmware update tool to update VE.Bus products

If you have been downloading VEconfig files from VRM, editing them and then uploading via VRM, you already have the VE.Bus System Configurator. It is more commonly used to configure multiple parallel inverters. You can initiate the firmware update from this same computer. Since you have a single inverter, you will likely only see VEConfig come up.

MK3-USB comes with one or the other. USB-A is the most common.

USB-A plugs into a common USB port like on a PC.
USB-C plugs into a recent Android phone.

So if you can plug your MK3-USB into a PC, you can install and run VC on the PC and do the firmware update following the same steps in that video, except with the PC version.

This video shows the MK3-USB with USB-A, and shows updating with the PC version:

The windows works fine as I mentioned before.

The Mk3 to usb C Mine's a usb A. So I figured I'd get a double female usb A and connect a usb c cable to it. Didn't work. VC doesn't recognize, see or even acknowledge the MK3 with the usb c DIY adapter on it.

Must I use one of the usb c OTG ? It would be nice if I didn't have to lug my computer around.

The windows works fine as I mentioned before.

The Mk3 to usb C Mine's a usb A. So I figured I'd get a double female usb A and connect a usb c cable to it. Didn't work. VC doesn't recognize, see or even acknowledge the MK3 with the usb c DIY adapter on it.

Must I use one of the usb c OTG ? It would be nice if I didn't have to lug my computer around.

I have no knowledge of the USB A or C wiring. I'm saddened but not surprised that a USB A to USB C adapter doesn't work.

I have no knowledge of the USB A or C wiring. I'm saddened but not surprised that a USB A to USB C adapter doesn't work.
Yes, me too. I could be the USB C cable I'm using is just a charging cable with no data ability. I'm just guessing about that.

The OTG adapter arrived and it worked a few times in connecting to VC but then was entirely unpredictable and more or less useless. So far, after working with the stupid thing for about 1 hour with my phone, I've given up.

I guess you should expect that considering I paid $2.59 from ebay.

Back