diy solar

diy solar

Strut into container

On mobile oops

Those are J bolts bolted right to the tie downs in the container. Not sure how ubiquitous those tie downs are but it works super good.

Great idea!
Much thanks!
What are your plans with this?
This is where all my solar components & electric breaker boxes will be mounted. Next I have to drill out the mount holes on the Midnite ? The holes aren't big enough for the smallest strut nut (1/4'). Just barely to small.

If I was to do it again I'd cut the strut longer, up the the ceiling. Then the strut would be forced flat instead of being backed by the bend in the tie down. I had a bit of fumbling that would have prevented.

Thanks for sharing. I have vertically hung two 2x4’s from the D rings with a piece of plywood across them to mount my SCC etc.

My next component mount will copy your idea. Sincerest form of flattery and all that! ?

Thanks for sharing. I have vertically hung two 2x4’s from the D rings with a piece of plywood across them to mount my SCC etc.

My next component mount will copy your idea. Sincerest form of flattery and all that!
Sweet! The metal wont burn is my angle. I'm glad I could help someone!

I had to drill the holes out to work with strut nuts. It was kinda a pain to tighten the top bolt. Better way might be to use a smaller bolt & fab the nut. But, it’s not going anywhere.
514967E3-DDE8-4750-8E3A-508BA76D2AA6.jpegA82B5448-F502-42C0-B5F5-79325315EB06.jpeg6E4402AD-AF5B-4E68-9075-0A025B94CEB8.jpeg

Back