diy solar

diy solar

Sungold Power Solar Priority SPH10K48SP-P Interver

alavor

I have this inverter from Sungold Power SPH10K48SP-P.
I don't have the batteries installed.
One of the reasons I bought this inverter was to offset AC usage, this Sungold inverter can start the 4-ton air conditioner with no problem and no soft start.
However, the power/wattage offset is not ideal, actually pretty bad.
The wattage from the main on the attached picture does not add up to the house consumption on the screen. Anyhow, the Main consumption of 3.8Kw adds up with my emporia monitoring system, but I have no idea why the house consumption is off with 2.0Kw.

Menu Items settings:
ID-01 = UTI [default]
ID-06 = OSO [idk if it makes any difference, didn't seem like it did]
ID-08 = NOb [no battery]
ID-34 = MIXLOD [ Grid connection and mix loading function ]

I have 8 panels in series 440W 34V 12A connected to PV1 input, totaling 3520W. Today when I installed it, I had full sun mid-day, and the most I could get was 2Kw, the average was about 1.3-1.6Kw.
The inverter is running on a split phase.
I had another smaller inverter Y&H 3600W and with 6 panels at the time I was getting more power out of the solar panels than with this 10k sungold.

Apart from the settings I shared above, I ran out of options, I'd appreciate any input before I get this returned.

EDIT:
The sun was down, and the house went dark, losing all power. Upon checking the inverter, I discovered error code 15, "Inverter overcurrent hardware protection." It turns out that the MIXLOD setting was causing the unit to overcurrent and shut down once there was no more PV power.
I had to disable that function to get the unit working again. At this point, I don't know if it is a faulty unit or if the system is just poorly designed. To remind you, I had no such issue with the previous Y&H unit.

Attachments

• IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Have you tried to see if setting 71 is available? It sounds like the settings you have should be correct but it seems like a logic issue... Also have you followed up with SGP yet?

Have you tried to see if setting 71 is available? It sounds like the settings you have should be correct but it seems like a logic issue... Also have you followed up with SGP yet?
I have checked, and there is no option 71 in the menu item.
I exchanged emails with the manufacturer and they have been very engaged. But the replies so far have not been helpful.
They told me to keep the same settings and recording the error 15 when it happens, and today at sunset, it happened again :/

Try leaving it set at SNU or CUB for protocol 6... While ideally nobat should basically disable our nullify... Just give it a shot.

Try leaving it set at SNU or CUB for protocol 6... While ideally nobat should basically disable our nullify... Just give it a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Interestingly though, when I set option 34 to MIXLOD, it automatically switched option 6 to SNU and that can't be changed.
So, I disabled option 34, went to option 6, and set it manually to SNU from OSO, then I set option 34 back to MIXLOD.

Update:
The setting above didn’t work. The inverter failed again today.
If I don’t get a resolution from the manufacturer today, this unit its getting returned.
I’m pretty frustrated with this Sungold product already.
And on top of the faulty issue 15, the unit does not provide all the solar power available to the loads. Even when there’s more than enough solar power available.
The unit always draws some unnecessary power from the grid.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg