diy solar

diy solar

SunGold SPH10K48SP 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

I remember you mentioning 6048 early on to me and that was my original route, these rascals following @42OhmsPA talked me into HF tho!! Lol, it’s all good. We’ll see what happens on round two. I lose this next one in under a year it’s hitting the trashcan
I'm betting against that... I'm happy with mine other than support...and that worthless wifi krap!!

Guys how bad do I need a disconnect and a fuse on the batt to inverter side of things? I already have the stuff to do it but I haven’t done it. In the past I just unplugged the positive side plug/connect on the SG batt. Is this a huge thing I need to get done?

12F3FDCF-5AA3-4D85-B86F-2899BAB543A1.jpeg
74F690C5-3EBF-4FE5-9ABB-C70526DE8900.jpeg

I didn't add mine til last week or so...used the EG4 breaker:

I remember you mentioning 6048 early on to me and that was my original route, these rascals following @42OhmsPA talked me into HF tho!! Lol, it’s all good. We’ll see what happens on round two. I lose this next one in under a year it’s hitting the trashcan
I'm confident you had a dud and your replacement will perform flawlessly.
I have yet to see an issue with the SRNE. I was nervous about the HF as well but it honestly handles my well pump and air compressor better than the TP6048 did. The TP6048 was a solid inverter besides the few quirks I previously mentioned.

I didn't add mine til last week or so...used the EG4 breaker:

Oh yeah that’s what I ordered too so that’s got a breaker in it I should be good

Update for those following. 7 weeks since delivery. Received a paid return slip for the defunct inverter to ship back. Promised new one, waiting. Will update on final results and steps taken. All tests requested were completed but unit remained failed with 05 alarm.
I guess this doesn't matter now, but here is what I typed out in your tube video -
Couple of things I see in your video.1. Check the connection of the blue box around the fuse right at the battery input. I think this is a current sensor and could be telling the inverter it is pulling too much current, even though the inverter is seeing a correct 53.3 volts no load on the battery.2. The pins below the connector you didn't want to pull off due to the glue, there is a bent pin on it.

I guess this doesn't matter now, but here is what I typed out in your tube video -
Couple of things I see in your video.1. Check the connection of the blue box around the fuse right at the battery input. I think this is a current sensor and could be telling the inverter it is pulling too much current, even though the inverter is seeing a correct 53.3 volts no load on the battery.2. The pins below the connector you didn't want to pull off due to the glue, there is a bent pin on it.
Yes! I looked closely and yes looks like there is a bent pin on the connector just below where the 'glued-in' ribbon cables are... is that what you are seeing?

My 10Kw SPH10K48SP has been dead out of the box. Constant 05- alarm. Battery overcurrent hardware protection. Nothing connected except the battery. Smells a bit burnt. Sungold keeps pressuring me to take it apart and break open the sealed connections but I think that's a bit much to ask for a brand new unit. I can't get them to offer a replacement and my (new) unit is dead on arrival. Not a good experience so far.

@britguy59 Sungold did mail me a replacement, received today. I am up and running better than ever today. Hang in there I’m pretty happy they made me whole, I think they will you too 7D6D2BFF-F866-463E-BB82-21D59207506B.jpegDED7A253-BD2E-4C24-A9F8-BD6BCE30430A.jpeg

My 10Kw SPH10K48SP has been dead out of the box. Constant 05- alarm. Battery overcurrent hardware protection. Nothing connected except the battery. Smells a bit burnt. Sungold keeps pressuring me to take it apart and break open the sealed connections but I think that's a bit much to ask for a brand new unit. I can't get them to offer a replacement and my (new) unit is dead on arrival. Not a good experience so far.

UPDATE.
The Second replacement inverter also had issues. I was sent, and replaced, the POWER board. Not too difficult, actually not as bad as I thought.
Fault continued, (different one) and they sent me the OTHER main board, the INVERTER board. I replaced that too.
It works!!
So both main boards have now been replaced. Looks more complicated than it is. Biggest concern was the white goop they like to seal the plugs in with. Comes off pretty easy.
Only a few small ancillary boards left of the original device.
All tests so far have been good.
The takeaway is this. It's been a nightmare, taking over 4 months to resolve. HOWEVER, I will say that Sungold responded within 24 hrs of every email I sent, and sent new boards within a few days. While support is odd, email only, they have at least stuck with it and were prompt. If you have issues with a Sungold inverter, don't waste time asking for a return and replace. They like to send you parts (cheaper) and its not that hard to repair. Take this experience as a lesson in the system they use. I did end up with a working inverter.

UPDATE.
The Second replacement inverter also had issues. I was sent, and replaced, the POWER board. Not too difficult, actually not as bad as I thought.
Fault continued, (different one) and they sent me the OTHER main board, the INVERTER board. I replaced that too.
It works!!
So both main boards have now been replaced. Looks more complicated than it is. Biggest concern was the white goop they like to seal the plugs in with. Comes off pretty easy.
The takeaway is this. It's been a nightmare, taking over 4 months to resolve. HOWEVER, I will say that Sungold responded within 24 hrs of every email I sent, and sent new boards within a few days. While support is odd, email only, they have at least stuck with it and were prompt. If you have issues with a Sungold inverter, don't waste time asking for a return and replace. They like to send you parts (cheaper) and its not that hard to repair. Take this experience as a lesson in the system they use. I did end up with a working inverter.
Glad you got things working, but damn, what a pita and certainly not customer-centric!
I doubt I'll buy additional Sungold products in the future just due to their poor customer support.

Keep us posted and what is your system configuration?

UPDATE.
It works!!
Very nice did you document or photo any of your board replacement work? The forum could really use that info.

Thank you for your update, glad you are up and running and more knowledgeable now than most of your machines internal workings

4C82C4F9-2985-40F7-8A85-F8C665FA3ED0.jpeg

Back